Progressive Issues On Droid Razr M Since Upgrade to 4.4.2
thagrrrl79

At first, when my Droid Razr M updated to 4.4.2 in May, the only issue I noticed was that it frequently makes the small noise it usually only makes right before I receive an alert or it starts to ring. Now, it happens when I plug it into the charger, when it boots up after I've turned it off and on again, or various other times when there's no notification sound associated.

I've also noticed a significant rise in battery consumption, making it almost impossible to get through a day without having to charge it, even if the most I'm doing it checking Twitter a couple times an hour.

However, main issue has come in the last couple of weeks. It keeps rebooting itself for no apparent reason. I surmise it has to do with one of the several apps I have installed, but seeings as several update frequently, it's a bit difficult to tell with one may be the culprit.

Then there's the text message issue. I WAS (note this is in the past tense) using a 3rd party SMS app, mySMS. About two weeks ago, I started having issues receiving text notifications. More to the point, more often than not, I wasn't receiving them, which is frustrating when I'm expecting to hear back from someone and think they haven't responded, when in reality they have, I just haven't received the notification.

A couple days ago when I went to text a friend, I noticed an unread text from DAYS prior that I never received a notification for, so I switched back to the default SMS app. I texted two friends. One of them responded. We proceeded to text back and forth for the better part of an hour with no complication. I never received a text from the other friend. So, a few hours later I texted again. Still no response (which is unlike her). I then messaged her on Facebook, where she did respond and informed me she HAD texted back both times. In addition, she'd tried calling me and when she went to leave me a voice mail, it hung up on her. She was, however, able to call and leave a voice mail via her work cell.

I called her and could barely hear her, though she could hear me fine. The call kept breaking up on my end. She informed me that, like I with the other friend I'd texted that day, had texted others with no issue.

I tried rebooting my phone and using Google Hangouts for texting instead, to see if that would resolve the issue. When neither of those worked, I made sure everything was backed up and did a factory reset on my phone. Not only did it not resolve the texting issue, but it's still rebooting iteslf randomly and making that annoying little noise when there's no alert of any sort coming through.

I've had this device for a little over a year and am not due for a new one for another year. I can't afford to replace it or spend whatever ridiculous amount is expected to replace it via insurance (which I can't even remember if I have anymore).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Progressive Issues On Droid Razr M Since Upgrade to 4.4.2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you trying so many fantastic steps to find a resolution to these difficulties, thagrrrl79. Since you went as far as the reset, I'd like to have you check a couple things. Please go into Settings>Backup & Reset and let me know if "Back up My Data" and "Automatic Restore" are checked. Also, try removing your SD card from your phone to see if the rebooting contninues.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Progressive Issues On Droid Razr M Since Upgrade to 4.4.2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you trying so many fantastic steps to find a resolution to these difficulties, thagrrrl79. Since you went as far as the reset, I'd like to have you check a couple things. Please go into Settings>Backup & Reset and let me know if "Back up My Data" and "Automatic Restore" are checked. Also, try removing your SD card from your phone to see if the rebooting contninues.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes