Re: Problems with update March 2013
gmb63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Remember, price goes up, quality and service goes down. Hey Verizon Can you hear me now????

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Telefiend, I'm sorry to hear that you've been having problems on your device since the software update. Let's get your device to perform properly and make you happy again! The software update may be conflicting with the software of applications that you have already downloaded to your device. I recommend that you delete any unwanted applications, text messaging threads, and call history. Once you have done this, power cycle your phone off/on. I trust that this will improve the performance of your phone. Keep us posted. We're here for you.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
kb9yvs
Enthusiast - Level 2

that would be all fine and good if it would even power on to do

anything,,that is the problem with mine,it does not power on at all ,i was

in a verizon store last sat and was supposedly sent a new one next day

shipping but i guess the person at verison hq got the address wrong and

here it is a week later and still dont have a working phone,,i know the

person at the verizon store told them the right address and they also wrote

it done because i watched them do it,,

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey JD1424. Software updates are put in place to keep the phone up to date and make sure the phone is running smoothly, but I am sorry to hear that this is causing you so many problems.

Sometimes some applications don't exactly agree with the software update, so if you are having issues with your phone after the software update, please try a hard reset, http://vz.to/tQ0nkT.

After you do that please update us on how the phone reacts.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
nikkeewikki
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an android 4 and after the update, which I continued to delay every 12 hours because I don't have time to wait for the thing to update in between being mom and work, has completely messed my phone up! I cannot get it to boot up past the "dual core technology" screen. This is really frustrating to say the least. I am happy I get to take time out of my day to drive to a store for "help". I have powered it down by holding the on/off button and the volume "down" button simultaneously, still not working. It would be lovely if I had a removable battery maybe I could of given that a shot. Nope the battery is "non-removable" and the phone doesn't even turn on.

-Not a very happy customer.

ruffattola
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes nikkeewikki -- I agree as if we have so much time to stand in line at a store and then there is no answer.  I pay a monthly fee for a phone that was promised atleast 10 hrs of battery life -- since the upgrade 3 hours if I am lucky --

I am looking for an outlet everywhere I go - I might as well just have a landline phone cheaper.  I asked for a new battery and VERIZON said they didn't have any extra -- Like really -- you sale Cell Phones W/ batteries.  Then taking away Group text and have to download a new program for group text bc of my business - and that app uses battery life.  Come on Verizon--- I think it is time to visit the Better Business Bureau webpage-- no A+ will be given

rhondalew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Motorola Support 1-800-734-5870

Any problems with the jelly bean update is a Motorola issue as they own the OS.

Apparently during the update, the SIM card went bad.  After I went through all of the troubleshooting steps with Motorola, everything indicated a problem with the SIM card.

They told me to try to reformat the SIM card but it was not an option.  I took it to a Verizon store to get them to reformat it and it could not be done.

They put a brand new SIM card in the phone and everything is working perfectly.

Note:  personal ringtones, sounds, notifications, and pictures (camera & gallery) are stored on the SIM card.  If the card is bad, you can’t take pictures, look at the gallery, set individual notifications for e-mail, calls, voice mail, messaging, etc.

<Personal information from email signature removed for privacy per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
kaboki

I had an update yesterday and It wiped out my SD card.  I no longer have my pictures.  Why would the update do that?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

kaboki wrote:

I had an update yesterday and It wiped out my SD card.  I no longer have my pictures.  Why would the update do that?

I haven't heard of that happening.  There are free software recovery packages that might could restore those photos.  It's been a while since I've used one, so can't recommend any ... you might try a search on Google or this forum for specific software names.

0 Likes