Re: Problems with update March 2013
ruffattola
Enthusiast - Level 2

has anyone heard what is going to be done -- i went into verizon and they are clueless -- they look at you like a deer in headlights and say I know I'm sorry.  The gal agreed the group text function is gone and she had no clue why

they told me to call tech support 611 opt3 on your phone but don't call from your phone bc they may have to walk you thru something.  it is a pain and it ticks me off bc we still have to keep paying for a phone that is NOT delivering the service it was promised on the contract.  WHAT ARE YOU DOING VERIZON TO FIX THIS

ruffattola
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also can't use my gps need to get directions and it would not work --

rhondalew
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter took her phone in to Verizon yesterday.  They said that it was a Motorola problem and they were the ones required to correct the problems caused by the update.  I had backed up her contacts and pictures and they removed the SIM card and reset to factory settings.  She lost all downloaded apps and her camera is still not working.  Verizon was reluctant to do that but she insisted especially since she goes back to school next week and relies heavily on her cell phone.  We were not happy with the attitude of the Verizon guy and I am going to contact Motorola today to see WHO REALLY IS TO BLAME.  You would think that Verizon would help us push Motorola in pushing an update that corrects all these problems caused by their last update...especially since they market Motorola's product...

ruffattola
Enthusiast - Level 2

if you feel like publishing the number do so and i will call too.... i feel the same way -- they told me factory reset wouldnt work bc the new software was loaded.  THEY just don't know !!!!!! frustrated .. I have a biz and have to go group text and that doesn't work they told me to hit each person seperately -- I said R U Kidding me   over 40 to 50 people thats insane

AmandaLynnRoberts
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very upset they took away the Alarm and Timer and replaced it with Clock (which is Google clock) I complained to Motorola https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/p/30,6720,8302 during a live chat session. I have a hard time waking up in the morning so I loved that I could pick a song from my mp3's that I knew would work. If a song is too abrupt I turn off the alarm without actually waking up and a song that is too soft doesn't even phase me. I always had a hard time using the bedside alarm radio's because I would turn them off not knowing it. The old alarm and timer was the best alarm clock I've ever had. Who in their right mind wants to wake up to a rooster ??? If I wanted to do that I would live on a farm. I know it sounds crazy that I would complain about an alarm clock but when you've had the problems I've had with waking up and getting to work on time you would understand. You have to stick with what works.

0 Likes
DuToits
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wholeheartedly agree with you! I don’t want to wake up to some annoying alarm sound, I also want to be able to pick a song. And I also used the timer all the time on that app, now I have to use a different timer app. Why would you take functionality away? I don’t get it.

Telefiend
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry I haven't checked back. I spent almost 2 hours on phone with a very nice guy from Verizon tech support. After going through several steps, including a complete reset of phone, it was still doing all the things I complained about. Verizon sent me a new phone. (Droid RAZR). This one updated about 2 days after I got it and it is working fine... so far.

0 Likes
Telefiend
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry, it was a Droid RAZR, it was replaced by Verizon.

0 Likes
Telefiend
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon was totally aware of the slow problems with the new update. What they had me try to do for that was go to my apps in the system settings and select every app individually and clear the cache for each app. They said this seemed to be helping the slow problems.

0 Likes
ruffattola
Enthusiast - Level 2

glad you got something -- they told me to check w/ my insurance and i stated how would my insurance be responsible when it was verizons update -- calling android support and seeing if they can transfer me to corporate -- i asked for a new battery and they dont have one -- that seems an little wild -- carrys cell phone and they have no batteries and then i am to contact my insurance .. and yes GROUP Texting has been removed and all you Clock timer lovers -- no longer - been replaced.  But my Battery life is the biggest issue since this upgraded jelly bean.  Think no one really checked out this upgrade.  Maybe an Iphone will be my next.   $200 a month for a battery that last 3 hrs -- might as well go w/ a wall phone.

0 Likes