Problems switching phones
betsycam

I am replacing my Motorola Bionic with a refurbished Galaxy S4.  Got the proper size SIM card, couldn't activate the phone in the store because I couldn't remember my PIN.  Why don't they have a recovery process for that like they do for the online username/password, BTW?!!!

So, I went through trying to switch them online with multiple failures.  Finally, on my home laptop, I got all the way through entering the new SIM number, with the result that my Bionic has been deactivated, but my online account shows a generic no-name phone in the space my Bionic held with my phone number.  Can't make calls with the Galaxy and it doesn't show a phone number in the "about phone" "my number" spot, just 0's.  What went wrong and what can I do to fix it?

>> Subject edited for brevity <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems switching phones
adas_vzw
Verizon Employee

betsycam,

I apologize for the problems you had activating your Galaxy S4, we definitely need to get it up and running. From the details provided, it sounds like it didn't activate properly. Was the Bionic on when you swapped them online? Power off both phones; remove/re-insert SIM in Galaxy S4 and try again. If problem is still there, completing a factory reset will push the activation through.

AdaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Problems switching phones
adas_vzw
Verizon Employee

betsycam,

I apologize for the problems you had activating your Galaxy S4, we definitely need to get it up and running. From the details provided, it sounds like it didn't activate properly. Was the Bionic on when you swapped them online? Power off both phones; remove/re-insert SIM in Galaxy S4 and try again. If problem is still there, completing a factory reset will push the activation through.

AdaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes