Problems making and answering calls
daisydog121

I own the droid 4. I've had it for about 4 months and I downloaded the new Ice Cream Sandwich update about a week ago. I have been experiencing problems making and receiving phone calls. When I answer a call I can hear them but they can't hear me. If I try to make the call I hear nothing but the call timer says I am connected. I had this problem with my droid 2 and went through 3 refurbs, they all had the same problem. If anyone has any advice please let me know.

~very frustrated

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems making and answering calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Daisydog121,

Prior to the software update did you have any difficulties with calls? Do you experience difficulties making or receiving calls intermittently or does it occur on every call? Also does this occur in just one location or is it all over?

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
woody9883

I having the same problem. Same exact problem after I upgraded to the Ice cream sandwich. I never had these problems before, how do I fix it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi woody9883,

I can imagine the trouble caused by not being able to have people hear you. Have you tried this using a headset or a bluetooth? How about speakerphone? We want to make sure it's not a coincidence with the microphone going out at the same time as the update. I researched if Motorola had reported any trouble but no info found. I have reported both of the details here to find out if any other users are experiencing the same. Since the trouble began after the update and it's happening only occasionally and with any form of outgoing audio, then the next step is a reset of the device. Back up your contacts and any other important data from the phone and then follow the steps on http://bit.ly/xKJYz6.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes