Problems after Commando update?
tbarney

Anyone else seeing this?  After the update to my Commando yesterday morning (the one that added PTT,)  every time I answer the phone now, the speakerphone is engaged.  Doesn't matter if my last call was conducted via speaker or not.  I'm having to swipe to answer, and then turn off speaker before bringing the phone close to my ear, or I get a blasted ear drum.  Not to mention the people around me get to hear my caller's greeting.

Just wondering if I'm alone in this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems after Commando update?
nyco

you're not alone...this is getting VERY ANNOYING!!!!

anyone find a fix?  going to swing by verizon soon and see what they can do...

0 Likes
dwilkins

I also have this very annoying issue.  Verizon,  you need to fix it soon.

0 Likes
pacrat

I have a different issue, my phone can't get the update to install.  not sure if its timing out or what.  the update downloads fine, its the installation that fails.  I'm thisclose to going back to my iphone!!  the commando has not been the option i was hoping for.

0 Likes
troyl

Tech Supp told me it was not the phone, it was their towers........I know three people with this same problem, right after the update.  I refreshed two phones, tested and it seemed like it was gone, but it happened again after a few hours (after reinstalling all my apps).  It happened after connecting with my bluetooth system in car, but this may be a coincidence. Regardless, I got home, called my cell again with another phone, and it never came on THIS TIME.

VERIZON PUSH OUT A FIX SOON PLEASE!

0 Likes
tbarney

Glad to know I'm not alone. I haven't been able to figure out a sequence of events that causes this to happen. It seems very random.  It also seems to not be happening quite as much the last couple of days, but it does still happen.

0 Likes
JBGuinness

I had the same problem with the speakerphone on auto after the upgrade.  Call support by dialling *611 from your phone.   I just did and they had me dial a special number that re-programs the phone.  Worked like a champ and only took a few minutes.

UPDATE - this appeared to work at first but now has just become sporadic.  sometimes answers on speaker, sometimes not.  I also noticed since the update that when my phone is asleep and I voice dial from the bluetooth mic, it sometimes hangs there until I unlock the screen.  Sort of defeats the purpose of hands free while driving.

0 Likes
Not applicable

tbarney,

Good afternoon to you and our fellow community members! I know this is a frustrating situation to be in. Casio and Verizon Wireless are working diligently to resolve this concern.  In the meantime, Casio has told us the workaround is to set the device to silent/vibrate mode to avoid the speaker phone from enabling.

I will eagerly post more information once Casio has finished its investigation.

Thank you for your patience,

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
troyl

the silent/vibrate does work, but miss my ringtone.

0 Likes
tbarney

Thanks, but I do hope they figure it out very soon. Before this update, my phone just worked. All the time. I didn't have to think about it.  Ever since, in addition to the speaker phone problem, the WiFi is flaky, sometimes causing the phone to reboot, sometimes giving an "error" until I force a reboot.  Every once in a while I take it off the docking cradle in the morning and it goes through a couple of initialization cycles on its own.  Let's see, what else?  Oh, yes. Google Navigator now, about half the time, simply shuts down when I enter a destination and I have to start all over.

Can we at least roll back to the prior version until they get the bugs sorted out?????

0 Likes