Problematic Samsung Stratosphere
NashvilleCat

I've had my Samsung Stratosphere since January 2012, and up until two months ago, I had no complaints.  In April, the unit locked up, and I had to take the battery out to reset and unfreeze it.  Ever since then, I've had problem after problem!

Many times since I've had to take the battery out again to reset it.  Texting is SUPER slow, and if anything is coming through on Twitter, nothing else will work until the tweets are complete.  Yesterday I was playing Sudoku on it and all of a sudden the game shut down.  When I re-opened it, I had to start the same game all over again.  I've had dropped calls and missed calls when I was NOT out of range, and at times the back of the unit is blazing hot, meaning the battery is, too.  It has just in general turned into a problematic item, after nearly a year and a half of working just fine.

Last night I went to a local Verizon store, and the sales rep told me it was all software issues and they'd have to do a factory reset on it.  I wanted to be sure I save two text message conversations, one of which is with a friend I lost to cancer last year, less than 24 hours after our last texts.  The other just has some information in it that I don't want to lose.  However, there was no way to save those text conversations, according to this sales rep.  He suggested I connect the phone to my computer at home and try to transfer those text conversations over like that.  I went home and tried that, but, other than recognizing that I had a device hooked up, I was unable to retrieve anything from the phone via the computer.

I need to get this phone working right, or get a different phone, but equally important to me is saving these two text conversations.  I need help!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problematic Samsung Stratosphere
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are several SMS backup applications available from the Play Store.  Some will send the messages to an email address and other can save the message as an XML file to the phone's storage.  Which ou can then copy to your computer and open in IE or another program to view or print them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes