Problem using Verizon Message+ App with a different SIM
EricTheTall

I'm using a Motorola Droid with the Verizon Message+ app and everything works great when my Verizon SIM is installed.  My problem is using a local SIM card when traveling abroad.  With the local SIM installed the phone is signed out of integrated messaging and I can't use the app to send/receive texts on my Verizon number. 

The app is picking up the phone number from the installed local SIM card.  I do not see anything in the Message+ app settings that allows me enter and use my Verizon number.

Is there a solution to allows me to continue using the Message+ app for texting using my Verizon number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem using Verizon Message+ App with a different SIM
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you install the application on a tablet, then it will continue to sync through the tablet.

It won't work on the phone while the foreign SIM card is installed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

not that I've heard of it's integrated so needs vzw network

0 Likes
EricTheTall

Yes I also have the app installed on a tablet and it continues to work.  However that would require me to have the tablet with me to send/receive texts on my Verizon number.  When traveling that is not always practical.

Like the tablet, the Message+ app works over Wifi.  When my phone (with the vzw SIM) is in Airplane mode with the Wifi on I am able to send/receive texts using the app.  That is not dependent on the vzw network.  Is there any way to have the Message+ app function like it does on the tablet where it gives you the option to enter the mobile number you want the app to use?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The developers would have to rewrite the entire application. You can certainly ask them by sending them an email through the address posted on the Play Store listing. I highly doubt that they will.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eric, it sounds like you are on an adventure somewhere outside of the USA using a non Verizon sim,  or you are putting a non Verizon sim in your phone. When you put a non Verizon sim in your device, that device does not access the Verizon network or any of the services through Verizon. It works with the company that provided the sim. This is the way the sim card works with and tells the phone where it belongs. Verizon Messages + is a Verizon product, and when you use an alternate sim, that is not going to work.
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes