Problem connecting Moto Citrus with PC via USB on WindowsXP

I search around and for all other phones this seems like a slam dunk.  For some reason my Citrus is either recognized as a camera or a disk drive.  I have tried drivers from all over the place and none of them seem to come with the Citrus device ID in the .inf file.  I end up having to add the Citrus to the .inf. 

Has anyone had any luck connecting via USB to the Citrus?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem connecting Moto Citrus with PC via USB on WindowsXP

Update:  Found a Windows7 PC and gave it try.  No problems.  Devices is found and I can browse the file system.  Must be that I do not have the correct XP driver.  Any ideas on where to find that?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Disk drive should work fine for exploring the sd card on the phone or transferring files between the computer and the phone. That's how I always connect my phone to win7 and xp machines. Are you trying to see the file system of the phone itself?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Just trying to load music right now.  I tried on another WindowsXP box and it did recognize the device as a Moto phone, but it did not recognize the model.  I must need new driver.  The Windows7 box I tried went perfectly.

0 Likes