Problem charging
looloo18

I am trying to charge my phone but every time I plug it in a message pops up saying " The charger is incompatible with this device, please use the charger you were given with the device". I've been using the charger that I was given with the device and its the same one ive been using for months. Ive only had the phone for a couple months.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see why you're concerned looloo18, no need to be; now we're here to help. What device model do you have? When did this start? Is there any damage to the charger or charging port? Also, if you have access to a different charger, approved by the manufacturer, try it and let us know if you still get the same error message. Thank you.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Re: Problem charging
G3_S5
Enthusiast - Level 3

looloo18 You may want to try and unplug the USB cable from the charger itself and reconnect, I had the same problem myself and it was due to the charger and USB cable not being connected completely.  Otherwise if there was a power surge of any sort this can destroy your charger and give this same issue.  If it is possible for you to remove your battery I suggest powering off your phone, removing your battery, plugging in the charger and then powering on the phone.  This should determine whether or not the issue is with the battery or the charger itself.   Depending on how long you've had your phone your battery may be going bad, you can usually tell because the battery will actually start to swell if there is an issue with it.

0 Likes