Privacy and what data is kept by Verizon
alexthag

I have a Droid and I love it, best phone I've ever had. But as I was surfing the web, I was curious - what data is being kept by Verizon? Do they track which sites I visit? What about logins and passwords?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Privacy and what data is kept by Verizon
alexthag

Ok, how about if I ask it this way: other than the browsing history, is there a log somewhere of internet usage? Does it include keystrokes (like userid/pw)?

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

I'm a network engineer for a large cable company and I get that question from people quite a bit about our service as well. There are many laws in place for ISP's that determine what can and can't be tracked. I can tell you that we only track amounts of data used. We are not allowed to (nor do we desire to) track traffic types, usage patterns, etc, unless that traffic is deemed to be a danger to our network or our customers. Even then, the information is analyzed, a decision regarding disconnecting that customer is made and the information is discarded. As far as the sites you visit or what your usage trends are, we really don't care. Seriously. There are a million companies out there that will do that themselves. That's why they invented cookies. :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Even if it was available which it might very well be. However you would for sure need a court order to obtain that kind of info.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

TheGreatOne wrote:

Even if it was available which it might very well be. However you would for sure need a court order to obtain that kind of info.

Your statement would have been more accurate if you had added "now that it's the post Bush-Cheney era". :smileywink:

0 Likes