Power button sluggish
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

I picked this board because there isn't one for my ASUS ZenFone.  For the last few days my power button has been sluggish and almost completely unresponsive.  Is there anything I can do to get it working again?

0 Likes
Re: Power button sluggish
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Is there any damage to the device? If not, have you attempted any kind of settings reset within your phone? AustinL_VZW

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

No and no.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting us know. Is your device's power button still unresponsive? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

The only change is that if I press the button at the bottom of the phone's face after trying to wake it up, it wakes up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm eager to get your phone working as it should be. Please power the phone OFF for 2 minutes, and then back ON. Let's see if the Power Button works better for you. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

Thanx for nothing: now, I can't get it to turn back on.  I held the power button down for 20 seconds non-stop and it didn't react.

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

I went to the local Verizon Store and bought a new phone and am now busy getting my data and apps restored.  Color this thread SOLVED with no help from anybody here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSZEF30

Don't thank us yet. We're not giving up. Has that device been charged to full capacity? Please connect that device to the charger. Does the device recognize that's connected? 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

Your last "suggestion" KILLED MY PHONE.  I had to buy a new one, and any more discussion on this thread is redumdant.

0 Likes