Post Spectrum ICS upgrade Can't see emails
AC00000
Enthusiast - Level 2

The onboard email app (not the gmail app from the google play) won't display emails.  The app tells me that there are new emails, however, only a white area is displayed where the emails should be.  This also occured on my wife's phone.  This leads me to believe the issue is with the update package and not with something I am doing wrong.  I have gmail and microsoft exchange accounts on this device and no emails are displayed for any account.  This app doesn't show up in the Google Play because it came with the device and (supposedly) update with the ICS update.spectrumNoemail.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Post Spectrum ICS upgrade Can't see emails
jjmcevoy

I am having this same problem!!  Any Solutions???

0 Likes
goldmine848

After the ICS update I had issues with Yahoo email. Deleted the account, changed the password from a computer and powered the phone off. Then powered onn and added the account. This worked

0 Likes
jjmcevoy

Tried this and is did not work for me.  Issue is with the onboard email app and a connection to a microsoft exchange account.

0 Likes
AC00000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did get an "invalid token" message on one of my MS Exchange accounts, however, the other Exchange account doesn't give this message.  I don't know what "invalid token" is trying to tell me.

0 Likes
AC00000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem Fixed!

Here's what I did:

1) Write down all exchange account settings (domain, username, server address/name, etc.)

2) Remove all exchange accounts from generic Email program (I actually removed all accounts beyond exchange just to be sure)

3) Go to Settings, then Apps, then All Apps, and find the "Email" program.

4) hit Clear Data and Clear Cache, then Force Stop the program from running (Clear Cache and Force Stop weren't actually able to be pressed when I did this.)

5) Open generic "Email" program and you should get a message similar to "initializing Email program" (I can't remember if I got this before or after I began adding my first account back into the program.)

6) After entering details of the account I had to reaccept the MS Exchange Server Permissions!  This is what I believe was blocking me from seeing the emails.

zamu

Exact same problem here.

0 Likes
zamu

It worked! Thanks for posting!

0 Likes
boswhizperz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just a quick clarification for some.  I'm not sure if this is a vertical/horizontal positioning thing but in Step #3 above where it says to go to "Apps" and then "All Apps".  I couldn't find the "All Apps" button at first.  When holding the phone vertically, you should see three tabs "Downloaded", "SD card", and "Running".  Next to the "Running" tab is a blank space.  If you touch that, it brings up the "All Apps" menu and you'll be able to select "Email" from that screen and see the Clear Data and Clear Cache buttons.

If you don't see "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache", you did not select the (hidden) 4th tab for "All Apps".  Hopefully that will help some others out!  Once I found this and followed AC00000's steps above it started working for me again!  Thanks for the solution!

0 Likes
dally
Enthusiast - Level 1

That worked for me too!! Thanks!!

0 Likes