Poor signals and misleading coverage maps
Sputnix

I switched to Verizon last November as my service with Sprint was poor. When I checked the coverage maps for my location they indicated the following:

Verizon_coverage map.png

My house and office are located at the pin. Here is my map of my actual coverage that I experience:

My experience with coverage.png

When I was with Sprint I had similar coverage issues and they offered me FREE OF CHARGE a signal extender for both locations. But verizon wants me to pay $250 / per extender for a signal issue with their poor tower coverage. I'm not too happy with this at all.

While the extender would help at home I still need to use my phone in this coverage area and often loose the signal and loose the data alltogether.

This is very frustrating and I'm extremely disappointed in the quality of the service that Verizon is providing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor signals and misleading coverage maps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Sputnix,  we want to ease your frustration and ensure that all of your concerns are addressed. It sounds like wireless service is very challenging in your home as you were recommended to get a network extender with your previous wireless provider. The network extender is a great accessory device that will boost signal into your home.  I apologize that we're unable to waive the cost of that device. However, we can assist you with a credit towards the purchase of it. For your convenience, you can order that accessory right here:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/samsung-network-extender-scs-2u01/%20  or by calling us at 800-256-4646

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sputnix

Hi.

Thank you for your response. In your email you mention a credit towards

the purchase of the extender. When I click on the link the extender is a

full price $250. What is the credit offered and how would I apply it to the

purchase of the extender.

Also My house is next to my office building would the extender have

enough range to reach both properties or would I need to purchase two

extenders.

Are there any plans to improve service in this area? The signal is low

in a large section of South Portland and it's very frustrating to loose my

data / phone signal when i am in areas that I frequent. As miserable as

Sprint was I did not lose signals like I am with your services.

Also I would recommend updating your coverage maps to more accurately

reflect the coverage in this area as they are currently misleading.

James LaPlante

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 7:32 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sputnix-

Providing reliable service is certainly our top priority. Having a Network Extender as a service enhancing accessory will definitely make it more convenient to use your cellular phone at this location.

We are always happy to check on promotions to help with cost on this accessory and this can be reviewed  through our loyalty offers.  You can use the Network Extender to enhance coverage for up to 5,000 sq ft area. I am including a link with FAQ I am sure will help clarify most concerns on how this works.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender-faqs/

I am happy to send your feedback as we are constantly working to expand within our 4G LTE network so our customers can enjoy their service anytime.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Typically they give you $75 off the $250 for the extender. You may want to call in though to sweet talk yourself into that deal.

0 Likes