Poor reception and battery life after update
mstults

Since the last update was pushed from Verizon, the battery life has been very poor.  Before the update, we could easily go a day or more without recharging.

Now, it only takes 3 hours to drain the battery.  Verizon told me to buy a network extender and I did with no luck extending battery life.  Verizon told me they would "tweak" the extender to "maximum" levels for better reception.  Verizon told me to buy a new battery to help out the situation.  Well, after spending all of this money, the battery life is still down to 3 - 4 hours.

Now, Verizon told me they do not push any updates and it is from a third party.

So, Verizon, any reason to stay with you as a customer?  Sprint is offering to buy out contracts right now and the deal is tempting.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor reception and battery life after update
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

Poor reception then you mention going to Sprint?

Just...LOL.

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

but to try and be helpful, can you name the phone and when you bought it?

0 Likes
mstults

Casio Commando 4G LTE purchased May 2013.  Model is C811 on Android.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your discontent with your phone's battery performance after latest software update mstults! Thanks for the details provided. You are a valued customer and we don't want you to consider a move from our wireless family! I had a similar issue with my phone's battery after a software update, and I resolved by doing a factory reset. Give it a try and keep us posted. Please follow the instructions at this link http://vz.to/1wefhyH **Uncheck at step 4 - very important**

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
mstults

Really - dump everything and do a factory reset?  This is not what I call support Verizon.

I could have done this on my own if I wanted to lose everything and all progress on any apps.

This is also how new phones come from ATT or Sprint. 

Is there another solution or will you just toss another air ball at the problem?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

A factory reset is the solution for android device issues after a software update.

http://androidforums.com/threads/problems-after-upgrade-factory-reset.659933/

0 Likes
zcoffin

It might be helpful to check what is eating up your battery.  After the battery has been unnecessarily drained check the Settings - Device - Battery page to see what the cause was, and to see if it was indeed bad reception or some runaway application.  If it is a bad app you can maybe uninstall or change settings in the applications that are the worst offenders.  If not, at least it will give you something a little more detailed to post on the forums when asking for support!

-Zach

0 Likes
mstults

As far as battery life goes, the Verizon extender that is plugged into high speed internet and tested for 2 simultaneous phones with a transfer of 4 - 5 Mbps continuous is intermittent connected to the Casio Commando Gzone 4G LTE running Android 4.1.2 (Casio C811) with no available updates after searching.  After the last update, The majority of the battery life is dedicated to cell standby 31%, phone idle 29%, Android system 14%, Google services 14% and so on down the line to the lower single digits.

Also, a Samsung Galaxy S3 was acting the same way after the last update in the same location and has since cleared the battery life issue.

The Verizon extender shows good connectivity with 4 blue and the occasional system fault of Red, but the majority of the time it is up to all blue.

If I do a factory reset, won't the phone automatically update to the latest or preferred version of Android?

0 Likes