Poor camera focus on LG K20v Android
SleepingLion

My LG K20v is about a month old and I can not figure out how to improve the camera focus.  Except for objects that are really close (< 1 foot) the focus is terrible.  Tapping the grid, which locks exposure, does not improve things.  Good grief, my ancient 2005 Motorola E815 1.3 Mp took better pictures.

I did check to see if there might be an as-shipped piece of plastic on top of the main camera window, but if there is something there my fingernail can't find it...I am afraid to use anything sharper.0517180837_Burst01[1].jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor camera focus on LG K20v Android
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You got a cheap phone so of course the camera will be sub-par.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SleepingLion, 

Sorry for this inconvenience. Pictures are worth a 1000 words. What steps are you taking to adjust the picture quality for your camera? Click the link below for the steps on how to adjust the camera resolutions on your device: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-210756/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SleepingLion

Flash on

Photo size 4:3 (13Mp)

HD video - not that it matters

HDR off

No film effects

Grid on

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, SleepingLion. Thanks for clarifying this information for us. Currently your device has:

Camera Resolution - Front 5 Megapixel Front Facing Camera

Camera Resolution - Back 13 Megapixel

So you may not get the sharpest pictures but it should still take a decent quality picture. One thing I noticed is that your HDR is off. It would be a good idea to have that on. The reason being is the option combines photos taken at multiple exposures into one optimal photo to get a better photo in tricky lighting situations. For more information, please review this link: https://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/VS985/Userguide/278.html I hope this information was beneficial for you.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SleepingLion

I went to a local Verizon store and was able to compare the quality of the camera in 13Mb mode with my LG K20v.  Both took the same fuzzy photographs.

Also, thru Verizon chat, I arranged to have a replacement LG phone sent to me.  When I compared the quality of its photos to my current phone, they were the same.  I returned the replacement phone since it did not make sense to swap cell phones.

Conclusion:  The LG K20v may be OK for casual photos, but does not have the sharpness needed for something that might be printable.

0 Likes