Poor 4G after latest update on Droid DNA
miked333

I love my Droid DNA. Even though it's more than a year old it still performs wonderfully.  At least it did until I installed the latest Android update to 4.4.2.

Ever since I installed that update I have a very, very poor internet connection and my battery life has taken a hit too.

In areas where I used to get a strong 4G signal I now get very slow 3G or it will say I have a 4G connection but I can't actually get any internet to work. No websites, no Facebook, no emails, no anything! I have even seen 1X in areas where I used to have no problems at all.

I can live with the battery issue, but this connectivity issue is a total deal breaker. I need to either get it fixed ASAP or get a new phone and I am really not happy with this update ruining my phone.

I spoke to someone at a Verizon store today and they basically said there's nothing I can do about it. They said it's not Verizon's fault and I should call HTC. I have a feeling that would not get me anywhere either.

If anyone has any suggestions for me I would really appreciate it! I used to love my phone, now it's a total piece of crap.

-Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Poor 4G after latest update on Droid DNA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Miked333 - Let's restore the love for your device! Is this occuring indoors and out? I would like to test the device in Safe Mode for a few hours to see if any 3rd party apps are struggling with Kit Kat. Here is a link with detailed instructions: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/69851

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Poor 4G after latest update on Droid DNA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Miked333 - Let's restore the love for your device! Is this occuring indoors and out? I would like to test the device in Safe Mode for a few hours to see if any 3rd party apps are struggling with Kit Kat. Here is a link with detailed instructions: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/69851

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes