Re: Please reply if you are experiencing Droid DNA SIM card errors
markdoc
Enthusiast - Level 2

To all having the sim card problem,

I had the same problems until nothing I did got my phone to work, including tape. I won't bore you with the details but I called Verizon. Verizon tech called HTC with me on a three way call. Got a new tray that was different than my original tray. It has a small protrusion on the leading edge of the tray. (The edge that goes in first)  It's been a month and so far no problems. Obviously, HTC must know it's an issue or they wouldn't have redesigned the tray!   Get a new tray and make sure it's not the same as the one you have.

Good luck.

SuperTrooper1

randomhero DNA just started saying no SIM to me off and on about a week ago, I've had it since last February. Love the phone. Now it won't recognize the SIM at all. I talked on the phone for an hour plus only to get so far as "you can get a free replacement SIM at a local store." Went to the store, waited about a half hour until someone could help me, then spent twenty minutes while she activated the sim. No help at all.

I now have a phone that doesn't work as a phone. This issue is all over forums and has been for a while by the looks of it.

0 Likes
solefeature

Mine gave me constant problems, often several times a day.  I started carrying a paperclip between the phone and the case so I could take the SIM card out and put it in again.  Got new SIM cards, went back 6-7 times, then  finally gave up and got a new phone. 

0 Likes
markdoc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had similar problems about 3 months ago. First I called Verizon. When the tech looked it up in her database, it said to get a new Sim card HOLDER or Tray.  It was a recognized issue. The Verizon tech called HTC while I was on the phone with her. She created a 3 way call with me, the Verizon Tech and the HTC tech.  The HTC tech, who was a mental midget, also looked it up in her database. It was there too. I needed a new Holder or Tray, not a new card. I didn't believe it at first. When I got the Holder, it was different from my original one.  It had a tab protruding from the back. I changed trays, put in the old Sim card and placed it in the phone. I know I'll regret saying this but I haven't had a problem since I replaced the Tray.  Give it a try.

Dr. Mark W. Helfand

0 Likes
Valrey

Here's how I fixed our DNA's sim card problem.  I read on another thread to put a piece of scotch tape on the top of the sim card (the side with verizon written on it) and trim off the extra then reinsert the sim card in the phone.  Make sure phone is powered off first.  I tried that, didn't work.  So, I took it out again and put another piece of tape over the other one, and lo and behold, it actually worked.  It forces the sim card to make a better connection inside the phone I think.  Easy fix for a horrible problem that no one should be forced to deal with in the first place... no more HTC for me.

0 Likes