Re: Please reply if you are experiencing Droid DNA SIM card errors
KevinGGrant

I started having this issue last week. It's happened a few times over the last couple of days. I'm bummed I see that others are having the problem, it gets worse and it's not isolated. I love the phone and it's only 5 months old.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I also had the same concern with my DNA. It seems to be a hardware issue with the SIM card tray. HTC will replace the tray for you if you call them 866-449-8358.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pete89yd

Hi,

Multiple times per day, I have to restart my phone due to this error.  It wasn't much at first and I didn't look into it past restarting my phone but now it happen every couple hours and its becoming very inconvenient as my phone could be unable to receive calls for hours at a time until I check it myself. 

When I got the phone back in January, I faced this issue about a week after activating but restarting the phone did not work. The in-store customer support changed out my SIM card which didn't seem to work so they factory reset my phone with the new card in it and the phone started working again.  I haven't faced an issue as bad as that but the SIM card errors are becoming more frequent. 

0 Likes
bonuspie

I "upgraded" to the DNA in January 2013 and have been getting this error since then. Today I've had the error 3 times already and it took multiple phone restarts to get the error to go away each time. I am currently on my 3rd SIM card, and it's pretty obvious that a new SIM card will not be the solution. I've called Verizon Wireless customer service multiple times and have never been told anything concrete relating to this issue. Unfortunately, a crack in my screen voids the warranty, but from what I've read in these forums a new device hasn't helped very much either. I was offered some pre-owned phones that would cost more than the early termination fee. At this point, I am very tempted to just pay the fee and move to a different carrier because I don't know what else to do. I understand that my voided warranty prevents Verizon from freely exchanging my phone, but what frustrates me is that nothing is being done about this issue. If Verizon sent me a phone that had a cracked screen and didn't have this issue I would be satisfied. I can't help but feel that there has to be something that we, as consumers, can do to make a bigger stink about this issue. I also understand that customer service reps are just doing their jobs so it seems somewhat pointless for me to go to a Verizon store or continue to call in and complain. It's upsetting that neither HTC nor Verizon is willing to own up to this, considering how much money their customers have invested in purchasing the device and phone plans. Is it that difficult to have a focus on customer satisfaction?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there pete89yd,

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your DNA even after the sim replacement.  Let's take a closer look to get you back up and running.

Have you reached out to HTC at 866-449-8358 and requested a sim tray replacement? This has worked for me and many others.  Try this and keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
bonuspie

Today I spoke with someone at the executive office of verizon who told me that this complaint has been made before, which I was glad to hear.  But he also said that this is not an issue on all DNA devices so the complaints are treated as isolated incidents.  That was kind of frustrating to hear, but I can understand it.  He mentioned that this information would just be sent to HTC, and I really doubt that will make a difference.  In the end, it seems the only solution for now is to put up with this irritating error or purchase a different phone. 

0 Likes
Phones99

I know how all of you feel about this phone you love it but you hate this issue. I called HTC today about the issue and am getting a new sim card tray sent to me. I said there are lot of people who have this issue and are very upset. HTC rep told me that if you have replaced the sim card and still having the problem to call them and they will send you a new sim card tray. 1-866-449-8358 is the number I called and got a very nice person who took care of it right away for me and I did not even have to have the phone with me all I needed was the ESN/ IMEI. There is no need for a new phone I told them I have had another issue with the phone and he said to call them and they would be happy to look at it for me when its happening.

0 Likes
pete89yd

Oh wow that’s great to hear. Thanks so much for the info, I’ll definitely give them a call today.

Thanks!

0 Likes
RKS2013

This is very helpful. Stop complaining. Just print this user guide and learn more about SIM card Tray. Make a note of your IMEI number of your HTC DNA (found in settings->About->Phone Identity. Keep it handy and call the 1-866-449-8358 HTC Support #. Once you call them (24 x 7) the CSR will ask you for the IMEI # and your phone # and address, email. You should get the new sim tray in a few days via UPS. Replace the sim tray and if you want go further, call Verizon and ask them to mail you a new SIM card. Replace the tray and SIM card and you should be fine. Hope this helps. Its a good device but HTC has this one buy which is annoying everyone. Hope they make a better device and add a more powerful battery - 3000mAh at least. 

https://support.htc.com/en-us/050-Droid_DNA_By_HTC_Verizon_Wireless/user_guides

0 Likes
rforce1024

To everyone who is or had issues with their Droid DNA phones...

I had the same problems for awhile where the phone kept dropping service and calls due to the sim card.

I have the Droid DNA as well and i did go to a verizon store and asked them to look at it for me or give me another sim card. They did give me a new sim card and the one that i have been using wasnt the right one. What you have to do is go to a corporate Verizon store....not a Verizon Retailer... and ask for a new NFC sim card for the Droid DNA.

I was in VA over the Labor Day weekend and went into a corporate store..... and told them of my problem.. well i was issued a new sim card which was a NFC  4G sim card and HAVE NOT had any problems with my phone since..

I hope this post helps you all out....

BTW i have noticed alot more difference since i got the new card and phone seems to run better

0 Likes