Re: Please reply if you are experiencing Droid DNA SIM card errors
pete89yd

Oh wow that’s great, thanks for the info. I’ll head over today.

0 Likes
bigalsnow

Again I am having "preparing sim card" message.  Mid 2013 I received multiple new sim cards and finally was issued another DNA.  Now I am having the same message 20-100 times a day resulting in lost internet wi-fi connection.  I am currently in South Korea working on a ship and only need my phone for wi-fi access.  I sit around a table with other people using devices and mine constantly drops what I am doing while other people stay connected.  When it drops connection the "preparing sim card" message pops up.  I am disgusted this keeps happening especially since I only use my phone for phone calls 4-6 months of the year while in the United States  and the other times I only need it for internet wi-fi while aboard the ship.  What can I do?  Nothing because I am in South Korea.   Now the only connection to the outside world I have is through a borrowed desktop computer.  I am paying over $1000 a year for this?    This message is being sent via computer since my DNA is junk.  What can Verizon do?  Overnight me a good phone to South Korea.  Seems realistic considering what I have spent, and the actual amount I use it on their network.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry that you continue to get this SIM error message, bigalsnow. We have been advised by HTC at 866-449-8358 or www.htc.com/support
that they will replace the SIM tray which appears to be loose & is causing the error message. My coworker had the same issue until her SIM tray was replaced. For months now she has had no more error messages.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
randomhero
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I don't normally post on forums, but my HTC DNA is driving me nuts.  I absolutely love the phone, when its working.  I bought my phone in January of 2013.  Worked flawlessly until the summertime.  I started getting the SIM card errors that everyone else on this board is getting.  I would restart my phone 10 times a day.  I finally took it into Verizon, and they gave me a new SIM card for it.  From that point, it worked well for a month, and then i started getting the SIM card errors again.  This drove me nuts.  The whole purpose of a phone is to stay in contact with other people.  How on earth can i do that when my phone is not receiving service? How do i know if i am missing an important phone call regarding my kids? So, i did some research on here.  Came across these posts, realized Verizon or HTC doesn't want to own up to a faulty phone.  I called HTC like Most of the posts say to do.  They rushed me a new SIM tray with no questions asked.  I installed the tray, and just like that, phone was working like a champ again.  Well, at the beginning of this year, i started to get the error messages again.  This was pretty disheartening, considering that i was already frustrated with that bogus 'update' that slowed my text messaging down to a snails crawl.  But that's a whole other post!  So here i am, back to restarting my phone 10-20 times a day.  Wondering why i am paying over $200 a month for shoddy service.  I wish it would have started acting up earlier, as my year warranty is up now. I don't expect some miracle from this, as it seems most replies from customer service revolve around getting a new SIM card and or tray, to which i have done both of those.  Its got me so frustrated that i would rather pay my termination fee, and go to a different carrier that stands by their products.  There is no way that we should resort to turning our phones on and off 20 times a day.  What is this, an old Nintendo system? This is absolutely unacceptable. 

0 Likes
mj7262010

I have been having the same problem off an on since April of 2013. I went to Verizon and they replaced the SIM card. Worked good for a while up until a few months ago. Now every time I turn my screen on to use it, theres the error. Sometimes restarting it doesn even work. So I went to verizon and they suggested to try and have them send me a new phone. Im about the activate it so we will see what happens. They dont have any other options other then waiting for my upgrade and then just have to deal with it until then.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi randomhero - I appreciate you taking the tome to reach out via our forums. Let's work to bring you the reliable device that you deserve! How long was the device working once the tray  was replaced? When you receive the SIM card error do you restart the device or reseat the tray to get the service back? Does the new tray appear to be bent or misshaped?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
randomhero
Enthusiast - Level 1

After replacing the SIM tray, it worked well for a few months. I don't know exact dates. But it started giving me a SIM card error around the end of January. I can usually restart it and it clears itself. Sometimes I have to restart it multiple times to get it functioning again. I don't reseat the tray and it does not appear to be bent or misshaped. I have a protective silicone sleeve and do not drop my phone or anything like that. While it may seem like a minor error, I never know what communication I have missed until I check it only to find the error.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

randomhero,

Just what we needed to know. At this point, it still does seem like this is a SIM tray issue. Given the warranty situation and nature of the problem, we do recommending contacting HTC directly at 866-449-8358.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bigmandc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an Android SCH 1415 and my SIM card errors just started this afternoon. I have never messed with the SIM card before today. I took it out and put it back in and it worked for a little while then msg comes back. Even taken battery out for 1/2 hr and it worked for a few minutes then back to the error msg.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is strange bigmandc! Since taking SIM out and reinserting does not resolve issue permanently, I recommend getting a replacement SIM card. You can get one for free at any Verizon Wireless store http://bit.ly/3SdsA Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes