Re: Please reply if you are experiencing Droid DNA SIM card errors
BlakeBinkley
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have it happen at least 3 times a week, actually took 4 reboots and 3 power downs to finally come back up today.

BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

Just looked at the HTC phone offerings on the VZW upgrade site.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/smartphone

HTC DNA .. , M.I.A.

(Like gone.  Smiley Sad )

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am with you on that IAMDNA! You certainly deserve a reliable device at all times. Have you taken the device into a local Verizon store to exchange out the sim card? If not, try to remove the sim card and place it back in. If it persists, take it into a local store to exchange it. Please let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

libbedc

Same issue.  Purchased DNA new in January.  NO problem until last month.  Totally unpredictable sim card errors, mid business calls while hosting several other calls, mid web presentations, the whole nine yards.  Took it into local VWZ store on Monday July 28th and they made sure I had the most recent update (uh, yeah, automatic).  Then they informed me it WAS a known issue, to just reboot whenever the sim error and dropped call occurred. They would NOT replace the sim card, claimed it was an HTC software issue that HTC was "on top of".. should be getting a software update with a "fix".  Okay, whatEVER.  I have been doing  shutting down and rebooting all week and am at a loss what I am paying for if I have no service, and can't complete a call when I DO get service?    Horrible, horrible for business calls, so I escalated it to corporate that the company they have their contract with isn't backing up their product with either a sim or a replacement phone.

Then, after probably losing a sale because of the disruptions on a presentation call, I got desperate and found this thread.  After reading enough, I called VWZ tech support at number listed here and was advised -- SURPRISE! -- they've "never heard of the problem".  Tech wanted to know where I was READING about all these people with this SIM CARD issue.  Uh, community.verizonwireless.com?  Happens a LOT, I was told, that they find out about the problems from the customers.  ( A month later?  For real?)

At any rate, a new sim card is "in the mail" (they suggested I go to the local store ... HA!  NOT AGAIN!), should receive on Tuesday, then looks like on Wednesday I will be contacting HTC.

Great phone, very much enjoy Verizon's network, but do not enjoy paying champagne fees for  straight talk beer.  And never in my life have I had such challenges with any vendor, for anything.  12 year T-Mobile satisfied customer who hated to leave, but ya gotta have a network.  Got the network, and a dysfunctional SIM!

And on we go..

0 Likes
adr7090
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased my Driod DA on March 9'th and started having SIM card issues with in the same week. When I went to the local store, they have been very helpful and changed the SIM card. It worked well for a month and a half then the same issue popped up-mind you when I get this error message I don't get texts, calls and people who are trying to contact me say it just goes into voice mail as if the phone is turned off. Rebooting and resetting didn't help either.

Then visited the local store again and they did everything they could do and finally replaced the SIM card. A week later here we go, it's back again. The person at the Verizon store told me that this is a manufacturer's hardware errors.

Then their suggestion that I call the toll free number so that they send me a reconditioned phone-I disagreed-why on the earth I let my new phone go to get a used phone-which could again put me in the same position if I keep getting errors.

I'm saying it because I started with a Droid 2, one of the worst phones, it was replaced 3 times, then Verizon had enough they sent me a Droid 3 as a courtesy. The problems didn't stop, it was no better than Droid 2-replaced Droid 3, 3 times before I got this new HTC DNA and now it's making me extremely frustrated. I have been a customer for more than 11 years with VZW and had brilliant customer service though. Hope this time they could resolve this issue before someone files a class action law suit.

Toron
Enthusiast - Level 1

Replying here to bump the thread. Had my Droid DNA since approximately February of this year and now after several games of restarting, the sim card error is flat out staying in effect 10 hours and counting, reset or not, powered down or not. I've run the gamut of all the usual tech support grunt work and am too old after playing that game for years to do it anymore, so let me put this in money terms aka as corporate speak since money talks and nonsense walks.

Cell phones are not a game anymore: a lot of folks are going around without a functional phone because of this error,myself included. Legal nonsense aside, what do you think is going to cost more money? However much it takes to offer folks a different phone credit/refund/do whatever it takes to fix it now, or just jeep blowing them off and then the next thing you know it's in the news: someone died/some catastrophe happened and it could have easily been prevented, but the person that could have stopped it couldn't because of a sim card error and Verizon and HTC knew about it for months and kept blowing folks off with standard do nothing IT support line dancing/updates? I will be driving from CA to Texas to try and build a new life at the end of this month, so even though I keep my car in top notch condition, it could happen to me and my beloved cockatiel if I break down in the middle of nowhere on the trip. As I understand it, Verizon already has a sort of Bank of America like reputation at least in some circles. To whatever tech support folks that read this, show your manager and press the issue up the ladder; the corp would be foolish not to make you employee of the month at the very least. As for everyone else, feel free to copy and paste this all over the net; the squeaky wheel get's the grease when it saves the owner/operator money.

jcmcmanj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm just tired of getting the run around, I contact HTC and their reply? not a new sim card----BUT A NEW SIM CARD TRAY.

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?!

GIVE ME A NEW PHONE AND LET ME GET ON WITH MY LIFE.

and about the lawsuit...I'm actually ready to get that going. I've been dealing with this since I got the phone in Jan. I'm SICK of it.

0 Likes
EpJayhawks12
Contributor - Level 1

Lawsuit against HTC? Didn't they offer you a new tray? Take it don't look back!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of having a reliable device libbedc! I'm sorry if you had difficulties in attempting to replace the SIM. There is no charge at corporate store locations for a new SIM. I recommend visiting a corporate store or alternate store for a replacement SIM. This has worked well in many cases. If the device still has difficulties, I recommend contacting the manufacturer for a replacement SIM tray. http://bit.ly/3SdsA

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I would think that a new SIM card tray would be a viable solution.  May not work, but it's a viable solution.

0 Likes