Please bring the Nexus 5 and all future nexus devices to Verizon
maball54
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just wanted to make a post here to vent my frustration and share customer feedback with Verizon. I was really looking forward to using the new Nexus 5 on Verizon. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the problem is between Verizon and Google. Or more accurately, what Verizon's problem is with Google. There is no good reason that Verizon could not support and sell the Nexus 5. For all your claims of being the best cellular carrier in America, you don't carry or even support the latest and greatest Google phone that your customers clearly want. Its sad that Verizon is the biggest carrier and yet refuses to carry this awesome device that every other major carrier does. Verizon, please end whatever petty dispute you have with Google; It is harming your business, directly creating customer churn, and creating unhappy customers like myself.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
Re: Please bring the Nexus 5 and all future nexus devices to Verizon
mrfreeze21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree @maball54... this irritates me that Verizon won't support a Nexus 5. I'm sure millions of other andriod customers feel the same way. It's because there is an affordable premium andriod phone that customs can buy without having to sign a two year contract. Verizon is thinking money instead of customer satisfaction!! BS

BluewindsLegacy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too share your frustration that Verizon is not scheduled to carry the Nexus 5, however with that being said even if Verizon did carry the Nexus 5 would you be willing to wait and see if updates are pushed out on-time (with relation to how quickly Google pushes out updates?, no one who has the Galaxy Nexus (or anyone for that matter) wants to go though the waiting game yet again).

It's a business decision and yet the customer has to pay the price of that decision.. Do you want the latest in greatest technology.. or a Network that can give you connectivity everywhere in the CONUS.. so it's a trade off. The Nexus 5 looks like a fantastic device, however there are other devices (which are available on Verizon) that perform just as well, it's not a Nexus and updates from the respective OEMs will be delayed, however (in the G2's aspect) it's the same hardware.

Again, I'm not defending Verizon, The Nexus 5 as a flagship leading device should be made available on America's #1 carrier and Verizon should be ashamed of themselves for not offering it and letting a rival carrier (Sprint) have the Nexus 5.. 

llaitner
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think ATT has the Nexus 5.  My contract is up in June, so I guess Verizon has a few months to make the Nexus 5 work on its network.

0 Likes
HoosierPop
Enthusiast - Level 3

It ain't gonna happen and if it does it won't be any time soon.  It will be the same story as the HTC One.  Obsolete by the time Verizon gets it.  Move on.

0 Likes