Pictures, videos sent from my Android device to my own email are no longer received
natja-k_

I have been taking pictures or videos with my LG Android device for a long time now and often send them to my own email address. I do this for numerous reasons, least of which is to edit them for later. Never an issue. For about 2 months now though all video or images I send show as successfully sent but they never arrive to my email inbox. I've checked junk mail of course too. As it stands now I have to wait until I am home, remove my card from the phone, insert it into the computer and then transfer the files, take the card back out and put it back in my phone. It's kind of an inconvenience. It's not on my end. Friends can still send smart phone images to my email with no issues. Any idea what is going on with this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pictures, videos sent from my Android device to my own email are no longer received
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello natja-k.! Thanks for sharing your concerns over messaging images and videos. It sounds like you've done some good troubleshooting thus far. I have a few more suggestions. First, I recommend emailing the media files to yourself instead of messaging. If you're able to successfully do this, then we'll know the issue is occuring in your messaging rather than your email account. It will also help retain the original integrity of the files (which must be reduced in quality for them to be send via MMS).

Also, I recommend trying to MMS these media files to different email accounts to see if the same occurs no matter the email account.

It may be less convenient for you to move the media files via SD card but it does preserve the images best. Please let me know how our tests go. Thanks!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes