Picture attachments with sound on Eris
FNG2MOTO

Why is it when I receive a pic attachent with sound it comes in as 2 attachments....that I can only open 1 at a time?

Received a message for my birthday, a pic file of a cake and a sound file of a song. It came as 2 attachments. When I forwarded it to my son's phone to see how it would open, it opened as it should, the pic of the cake with the sound in the background, meaning it opened all at once, together at the same time. He has the LG Dare.

Any settings I need to change on my Eris?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Picture attachments with sound on Eris
FNG2MOTO

Anyone?...anyone?...Bueller?...Bueller?

0 Likes
RWWRWW

Yep, I am having the same problem. Took it in the store and they said that the update would fix it. It didn't. Also I will get these pictures with separate audio, as if that wasn't frustrating enough, I forward it and others will see a video with sound at the same time. All I seen was a still picture. I love this phone, but seriously a phone that can do everything else can't do simple picture mailing?

0 Likes
FNG2MOTO

anyone else have this problem?

0 Likes
RWWRWW

I found an app. that kind of solves this problem. It is called Handcent SMS and it is free. The only problem i have is that it will only let you view a couple pictures, not all of them. It does allow video and sound together. until i figure out why i am only able to view a couple pictures, i am using regular messaging to view them and handcent for audio and video. Its better than nothing for now. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
pickles4601

wife and I have Eris and we too have the same issue. Took it to multiple Vzw stores and they all just told us thats the way it is. Cummon now a phone that does everything else but wont show pictures with sound! Also wont display .gif as a moving image unless you save it first.

0 Likes
immobile2
You guys are lucky your even getting Pix. For some reason I don't / can't get Pix or sounds on my Droid regardless of the size. My first thought, besides a setting which I've covered all that, is a problem w/ the phone. But I have had virtualy NO troubles at all w/ this thing. But I guess that really is'nt relavent...
0 Likes