Phone won't backup?
ThatRoxyGirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

"As you requested, access to your Verizon Cloud media storage was removed. Please contact Customer Service in the next 17 days if you would like to restore your previously backed up photos, videos, music, documents, messages and call history." Except that I never did that. I really need to backup my phone so I can start my new one, but none of my photos/videos/etc. are backed up in the app or online, and when I go to the app settings, there is a place that says "what to back up." When I click on this, it has a checklist-format to pick which media types you want to backup. Contacts is checked, but nothing else can be checked. I don't know what to do, and I'm kind of on a time crunch. Can anyone help me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone won't backup?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ThatRoxyGirl, getting the phone backed up is very important. I am sorry to learn that you were on the phone with a representative for so long. During the conversation, were you walked through uninstalling and reinstalling the application? I want to make sure all of your important information does get backed up so if you haven’t removed the application please do the following. http://vz.to/1QMI98l. Once uninstalled please install again, go through the setup process, keep us posted if you are able to complete the process. 

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can definitely have your phone back to normal and backup as intended Norma. The message you are receiving indicates that your Verizon Cloud was removed and the first step to resolve this issue is to select the Verizon Cloud as a feature with your phone line. I can provide you with steps to do this from your phone, just let me know your phone model and software version. Or you can select the Verizon Cloud feature if you login to your My Verizon account online also.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ThatRoxyGirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

samsung galaxy s3

software version: I535VRUDNE1

I think this is the right information? I've been talking with customer service for the past 40 minutes and the guy couldn't figure anything out so I think this is more than a simple solution. Any help would be appreciated

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

It is fairly simple.  Use Google to back up your contacts (use Contact Optimizer to change them all over to Google) use Google drive or Dropbox to backup other items and ditch Verizon Cloud.  It will save you tons of issues in the future.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ThatRoxyGirl, getting the phone backed up is very important. I am sorry to learn that you were on the phone with a representative for so long. During the conversation, were you walked through uninstalling and reinstalling the application? I want to make sure all of your important information does get backed up so if you haven’t removed the application please do the following. http://vz.to/1QMI98l. Once uninstalled please install again, go through the setup process, keep us posted if you are able to complete the process. 

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree with Jakeman1 - forget Verizon Cloud and use Google for contacts, photos, and other media.  Your apps are already linked to your google account, and it's so much simpler to have it all in one place.  Log in to a new phone with your Google account and it's all right there and accessible.  It's also totally accessible from your computer too.

0 Likes
ThatRoxyGirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I was walked through all of that. The problem was taken care of, I visited a Verizon store and received assistance there. Thank you all for trying to help though, I really appreciate it.

0 Likes