Phone time is not correct, even with automatic set.
RMcGlew
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past several days, my phone has been getting an inaccurate time, slowing down over the course of the day. I found that rebooting brought it back, but it continued to drift over the next day, losing about 6 minutes in 24 hours. I just went to the date and time settings, unclicked automatic, then clicked automatic again. It picked up the correct time, indicating that the tower has it right. Any thoughts about how to repair this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone time is not correct, even with automatic set.
RMcGlew
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a weekend with no further slippage, I'm calling it resolved. The solution seems to have been

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Date & time
  3. Click Automatic to turn it off.
  4. Click Automatic to turn it back on.

Time should reset to the current network time and the problem should be resolved. To anyone else experiencing this problem, good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RMcGlew,

Wow, that is a strange issue! We definitely want to work with you to get this fixed. What model device are you using? How long has this been going on? Do you need to reset the automatic option continually?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RMcGlew
Enthusiast - Level 2

SandyS_VZW,

It is strange. I'm have an HTC Droid Incredible II, Model ADR6350. I just noticed it was lagging by 5 minutes on Tuesday, and tried a reboot late in the day. I noticed yesterday (Wednesday) mid day that it was 4 minutes lagging. By midnight it was lagging 6 minutes. It was still at 6 minutes lag this morning when I read about others having this problem a couple of years ago but didn't see any solutions. I tried the automatic off then on to see if it would turn out to be a network time issue, but it only fixed the time. That was about 90 minutes ago and it hasn't slipped yet. No recent OS updates or new apps.

0 Likes
RMcGlew
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far so good. While a reboot didn't cure the issue, turning automatic off and then on again is showing promise. Time has not lagged since making this change over 24 hours ago. I'll watch it over the coming weekend and report any change or, hopefully, apparent success.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to hear it seems to be working for you, RMCGlew! Please let us know if any questions or concerns arise in the future.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RMcGlew
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a weekend with no further slippage, I'm calling it resolved. The solution seems to have been

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Date & time
  3. Click Automatic to turn it off.
  4. Click Automatic to turn it back on.

Time should reset to the current network time and the problem should be resolved. To anyone else experiencing this problem, good luck!

0 Likes