Phone switchover process
JonGarfunkel

When replacing a phone in the past, I had done it in the store, and naturally things had gone smoothly.

This time I was replacing a broken HTC Droid Eris with a replacement -- Verizon Wireless store had shipped one to me.  Verizon shipped be the phone 2nd Day Fedex, and I got it. But what I wanted additionally was better instructions:

1. Instructions specific for my phone - The flyer was generic; for full instructions it referred me to a page on vzw.com, which didn't mention the Eris -- it's been discontinued.

2. What I needed when I called - Apparently I needed my billing password. It took me a while remember it correctly. The flyer didn't mention that.

3. Failproof way to transition contacts - I assumed that everything was sync'ed with my Google accounts. Now various contacts are lost -- even ones I've had for years.

4. Instructions about how to reformat my old phone - Given what I can do on a SmartPhone, Found that on the user forums.

Jon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone switchover process
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
You might want to call or email verizon directly about this. It will probably fall on deaf ears here. This is a peer to peer forum and the verizon employees who drift around are mods who try to keep things civil and employees who happen to have the same phones as us simple folk. Not sure how much pull either would have in this matter.
0 Likes