Phone sucking down 500 megs in one day?
Epoch615

I haven't used my phone at all this month.  Literally.  Have.  Not.  Used.  Phone.  In.  More.  Than.  A.  Month.  In fact most of the time the stupid thing is off.  But today when I left at 3 PM I turned it on and took it out, but before I did that I went on the account page and paid my bill, it said I had 200 megs used, which is fine.  So I went out and did not use it at all, it was on, but no calls, no texts, no nothing.  Then 10 minutes ago the damn thing starts screaming at me and wakes me up.  Why?  BECAUSE ALL MY [removed] DATA HAS BEEN USED UP.  HOW?!  HOW?!  THE MY VERIZON PAGE SAYS I HAD 300 MEGS LEFT AS OF MIDNIGHT!  ITS 3 AM!  What the [removed] would eat up 300ish megs of data in 3 hours?  Is it some stupid app?  Some stupid mandatory update in firmware or whatever that verizon has chosen to [removed] me on?  How do I stop Verizon from screwing my data?  Because I didn't download anything, I didn't use the internet, I didn't send any texts, [removed] I didn't even make any phone calls.  Why did 300 megs of data get used in 3 hours of the phone JUST BEING ON AND SITTING ON MY NIGHT STAND?!?!?!?!?!??!?  Where in the name of god is the "Stop Verizon from [removed] over my data while I'm sleeping setting in my phone?!  OR is it a [removed] setting on the account page?

Content was removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone sucking down 500 megs in one day?
Not applicable

Verizon isn't doing anything to your data. You are using it. You leave your phone off most of the month and guess what, as soon as you turn it on a bunch of apps are going to want to update. Here's an idea, set your apps to not auto-update or only update over wi-fi.