Phone sending duplicate texts
lilangelkris05
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone else having the problem of their phone sending multiple text messages to people? I've been having that issue for about 6 weeks now...it seems to happen about every other day and when my phone is sending multiple texts do people, I dont tend to receive text either and my battery drains fast. The only way to fix all of this is to reboot. I've already talked to Verizon and tried to troubleshoot it. They were pretty sure it was the messaging app I was using (Chomp sms). Assuming they were right, I uninstalled it and am now using Textra. It turns out I'm still having the same problem. I even tried using the stock messaging app but it does not offer blacklisting. As I've been getting a lot of spam in the middle of the night, I can't use the stock app. Has anyone had this issue? Is there a fix for it? At this point I'm assuming it's an issue with Verizon but it could also be my phone? I have the LG G3.. unfortunately it went out of warranty last month. Help Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone sending duplicate texts
tbo27
Master - Level 2

try it in safe mode that disables any 3rd party apps and test it out. you wont lose anything just cant use apps in safe mode until you restart phone

0 Likes
Re: Phone sending duplicate texts
lilangelkris05
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was a part of the troubleshooting that Verizon had me do. Unfortunately, I can't go too long without my 3rd party apps, as I rely on them alot for work. I did most of the day in safe mode though. It just isn't realistic to be in safe mode all day everyday. But since it doesnt happen every day...how am I suppose to know it helped or not?

0 Likes