Phone clock jumps back an hour on 1 specific cell tower
JoeGraber

Beginning on Sept 24 at 2 AM, my wife and my phones went back one hour in Three Rivers, MI.  When we leave the TR tower's service area, the phone corrects the time (and stays correct everywhere we go), but as soon as we enter the Three Rivers area again it switches back.  I put this out on facebook and a multitude of Verizon customers in TR report the same exact problem.  So...what's up?

It looks to me like the tower thought daylight savings time was over and dropped back an hour, but who knows.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone clock jumps back an hour on 1 specific cell tower
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joegrabber, I have replied in a private message. Please take a look and get back to us. We will get this resolved for you.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jtr42

Verizon,

My wife and I are experiencing the same issue on our Android phones. Can you respond with a solution?

Thanks in advance.    

jr

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry about the issues you and you're wife are experiencing with your the clocks/time on your devices jtr42.  I know this can be frustrating because we all depend on our phones for alarms, meetings and more. What devices do you and your wife have?

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jtr42

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and my wife has an LG G3.

0 Likes
GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

Might you be experiencing a time zone issue?  Looks like you are near an area for that potential.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets keep digging to get to the bottom of this . It seems may be on to something here. What zip code are you in?
BryanS_VZW

0 Likes
jtr42

We are in Pacific Time, zip code 94301. Not sure why there would be a time zone issue -- there's been no daylight savings changes of late. Also, note that in our case, the time shifts ahead one hour. It happens sporadically. Sometimes it's the correct time on the clock; sometimes it's an hour ahead.

0 Likes
GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

My bad  , I intended the remark re: time zone to be for JoeGrabber, the original poster.  I suspect that Three Rivers, MI has the potential for a time zone issue.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

If they wear a wristwatch who cares what the phone says? They could also be in a fringe area. People need to do their own due diligence in keeping up than relying on a phone.

0 Likes