Re: Petition for KitKat on S4, Note 3, LG G2 (4.4 update)
UAVPilot1
Contributor - Level 1

Give us 4.4 NOW!!!

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I think manufacturers should take back software updates and do it like Apple. That's probably the only thing I like about the iPhone (currently using G2) is that Apple lets everyone download the update when it is available. I've never had to worry about this type of issue before because I was an iPhone user so updates were always current for me. The only thing is that VZW has taken some camera functions off the G2 that I didn't know about until I was looking at LG's website. I was like, I don't have that setting. It made me a little mad but I don't really use a lot of them anyway. It would be nice to get updated like the rest of the world.

Blazer0981
Enthusiast - Level 3

@lando

"Petition for KitKat on S4, Note 3, LG G2 (4.4 update)

lando13Citizen

Now that all other US carriers have KitKat on the Samsung Galaxy S4, the Galaxy Note 3, and the LG G2, Verizon has left is in the cold. They haven't even stated that we would get Kitkat ever! The only information we have from Verizon is them touting that the S4 doesn't have KitKat compared to the new S5! Samsung Galaxy S 5: How Does It Compare to the S III and S 4? That's right. There using something we should be entitled to and trying to sell it to us again!

Not this time, Verizon. Sign this petition by replying to voice your opinion and tell Verizon to give us KitKat!

And join with us in the social media fight to make our voices heard! Read how here:Re: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 4.4 Update (KitKat)

#GimmeABreak #GiveUsKitKat"

Dude, you can't really (removed) think they just aren't gonna update us. They did this with the S3 when the S4 was released. They wait to update the older model until after the new one is released to prevent direct competition and, in turn, not lose customers who would have upgraded to the S5.

(removed)   You want it that bad,, go buy a S5. They come out today, IIRC.

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

Tidbits
Legend

Apple WAITS until all their devices are ready for the update. They also use their own servers for all updates. Something that ONLY Nexus and GPE do with Google.

It's a placebo effect if you think all the updates from Apple happens all at the same time. One update could be ready for months and Apple will hold onto it until the others are ready.

If you ever did the ADC program you'll notice sometimes they'll stop updating CDMA versions and keep going with GSM versions or vise verse in the change logs.

I guess it nice of Apple to make everyone wait the same time period.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

That's kind of my point. Apple keeps control of their devices. No carrier can install bloatware or piecemeal the features they want or don't want. I just can't use the iPhone any longer. It's a little too small after having the G2. Plus I hate the Facebook application on iOS.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You are right only Apple gets to install the bloatware.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sure Apple has a lot of apps that most people don't use like the Stocks or NewsStand app but I never found that they take up much space. I am not saying Apple is perfect. I was making a point that when an iOS update is available it's not up to the carriers to release it which means they all get it at the same time and they all get the same update. Get over yourself.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Carrier installed bloatware takes up less space than most people think.

You can grab all the carrier bloatware and it would take up less space than any single manufacturer skin does.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Get over myself??? You made a statement that no carriers can install bloatware on Apple devices. I simply pointed out that does NOT mean there isn't bloatware on the devices. Don't make statements if you don't want others pointing out the shortcomings of those statements.

I don't find the bloatware on my Android device having ANY effect on the storage space of my device which would limit the apps I would like to install. The same can be said for Apple devices I have used. That does not mean there isn't any bloatware on either of the devices. There is. I can think of at least 5-10 apps from either device I would prefer not to use on the respective devices. On android, I don't have to have them on any of my homescreens. The same cannot be said for Apple.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
mysteryflavor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes give us Kit Kat. This is a part of VZW strategy and definitely a decision that is more company focused rather than customer focused. They do not want this release to impact their sales with S5 launch. so VZW typical.