Re: Petition for KitKat on S4, Note 3, LG G2 (4.4 update)
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

The way Verizon sends these updates OTA, I wouldn't doubt that Verizon would have the update for the S3 before the Note 3. Hell, why not? They already skipped us once when KitKat rolled out for the S4.

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

I am replying to all the negative people in this post the criticize Verizon about releasing the new update to Kitkat on the devices. They begging for it saying it is some kind of game plan. To be honest I hope it is a game plan called testing out the upgrade before releasing on their consumers. Yes other carriers may realease it to their customers first. Perhaps you all need to realize that is makes perfect sense to test updates themselves before releasing it to their customers. I do not work for Verizon but what it could be is they do more testing on upgrades than others carriers. Try not jumping to accusing your cell company for this or that when they may just be looking out for you. Think Verizon is slow at getting updates and phones go get a regional cell phone carrier. I think Verizon is the best one out there. I do wish they had better plans but that is the price I pay for the best provider. Something I have learned to deal with.

0 Likes
stanleybb50
Enthusiast - Level 2

What are you guys plants from Verizon posting here with this nonsense...?  I said it before and I'll say it again that this is NOT the reason they are so delayed. Their updates always have historically had the exact same flaws, if not worse than the other carriers...  

That is NOT THE REASON!  Not not not the reason.

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

I have not had no problems with their updates. The only downfall I have seen is it uses a little more of the battery. But that comes with any kind of software upgrade on any device.

0 Likes
Chimera388

This is obscene. Good thing I'm not on contract, so I can switch to a carrier that actually supports their devices as promised.

0 Likes
Chimera388

Bullshit. Google and Samsung already did months of testing to it. The only thing Verizon wants to do is see if they can block Google Wallet so they can force us to use Isis.

0 Likes
XEROX6947
Enthusiast - Level 3

evidently no one got it on the May 2 Leaked memo date huh...

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

That is a bunch of horse hockey if that's the real reason Verizon is holding back on the update. Google Wallet and Isis basically function the same exact way. There is no reason to block one over the other. All I want to see is 4.4 KitKat on the Note 3 or at least an official release date, other carriers let their customers know, why not Verizon!

zoom241
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please give us Kitkat. Why is this happening?

XEROX6947
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an s4 mini and am still stuck on 4.2.2.

Way behind even s3's on other carriers

0 Likes