Re: Petition for KitKat on S4, Note 3, LG G2 (4.4 update)
stanleybb50
Enthusiast - Level 2

The delay has absolutely positively nothing to do with ironing out the kinks.... C'mon.... Seriously?  Look at the past as indicators...  Always DEAD last and the same issues that are on the other carriers are always on the Verizon phones.

That's an optimistic thought - but absolutely dead wrong.

Trying to put everyone down and give false hope at the same time.....?

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, I know! Lol. By the time they release 4.4 to us on the S4, the 4.5 release will be out. Maybe or maybe not for us though on the S4.

We will have to go through the other alternative methods that Verizon doesn't like us talking about to get it. Hehe.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Looks like tomorrow should be the day for some KitKat 4.4.2 on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Build vrucnc2 and built March 13th.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to move an applications installed on the SD card for the Note 3 back to the internal memory before applying the KitKat update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jeldeph1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Give us kitkat

Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

Signed, and seeing this today might piss more Note 3 / S4 users off... HTC DROID DNA Update Approved, Android 4.4.2 and Sense 5.5 Inbound | Droid Life ... yep a device that's older than Samsung's Note 3 and S4 and the LG G2.

0 Likes
stanleybb50
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's ABSURD!

Blazer0981
Enthusiast - Level 3

They would rather you upgrade than them upgrade old products. That's part of why they wait until AFTER THEY release another flagship(the S5) to upgrade the now old and busted S4.

I hope you people aren't stupid enough to think that when upgrades to Kitkat start showing up in a few days that any of these stupid petitions had ANYTHING to do with it coming out.

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

I agree that they would want you upgrade to new device rather than update firmware of previous one. But, I disagree that just because the S4 is a year old that it's "old and busted". The S4 is a still a great device.

And as far as the Kitkat update, I received mine on 4/25/2014. So far so good! The only major problem I see is the SD card issue with apps. I had used Roboform as a password manager and after update I tried a sync process and couldn't anymore. I had to uninstall app and reinstall it to the device storage. Unless there's a fix to roll out or you gain full or near full access to your device, your stuck with certain restrictions with saving data to SD.

Blazer0981
Enthusiast - Level 3

So you all complained to get THIS!?!?!? This is a complete letdown. And you dumb a**es started a petition for it? Lmao. Wow. Smdh.

0 Likes