Re: Petition for KitKat on S4, Note 3, LG G2 (4.4 update)
stanleybb50
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing mentioned for Note 3..

0 Likes
Algospasm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has finally listened to us. I updated my G2 last night OTA. I

would imagine the the other model's updates are just around the bin.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I have to say that things on my G2 seem smoother but I don't see a heck of a lot of changes.

0 Likes
Algospasm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would agree. I noticed the navigator was missing but then I discovered

that it is integrated with google maps now. Not that many changes but then

I wasn't expecting many. It is snappier, more responsive, and faster which

is what I wanted. No new trialware or anything. I would have to say it is

almost perfect.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

I've heard Monday April 21st could be the day Verizon pushes the OTA Note 3 KitKat 4.4.2 build vrucnc2. Supposedly the S4 KitKat update is May 2nd. These could all change though.

0 Likes
david_hanna
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got done chating with Samsung and they said that they have released Kit Kat to Verizon weeks ago.  Verizon lied to me the other day and said they didn't have it from Samsung yet.  Verizon is just  wanting techies to get tired of waiting and upgrade their phones. I have done that every other update.  This time if I give up I will upgrade my service.

Blazer0981
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did any of you EVER stop to think that maybe, just maybe, Verizon hasn't released Kitkat because they're working out all the issues every other carrier's customers are having? Like having the memory cards corrupted of whatever it is that's causing people to lose all their stuff saved on them. Maybe they're not getting it out there before it's time, just to silence cranky customers and leaving US to deal with issues that should've been fixed. Trying to keep up their overall customer satisfactory rating by delivering the BEST os they could. Seriously. I'd much rather wait than deal with the crap everyone is dealing with, waiting for incremental updates to fix bugs.

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

Lol! Yes only a few more weeks to see if this is correct. What the heck, we've been dazed and confused about this for months now. What's a few more weeks?

Klue
Master - Level 1

They don't think about possibilities like that, because they are mostly complainers first and thinkers last. They will also be the first to complain if the update kills thier phone.

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

I hear ya!I just hope Verizon makes it worth it waiting this long for this update. They have had plenty of time to work things out. Everyone knows that! Lol. So, we'll see!

I've been a complainer about this update too. But it doesn't do squat in getting VZW to release it.

I, like others, could have taken alternative routes in getting the update before official OTA from VZW.

I know, if it's not on the S4 by July 4 2014, I will take the alternative method then. Lol.