Re: Petition for KitKat on S4, Note 3, LG G2 (4.4 update)
Elnrik
Enthusiast - Level 2

signed.

Elnrik
Enthusiast - Level 2

Discussion of moderation removed as required by the

Well, here it is:  Petition | Update the Samsung Galaxy S3/S4, Note 3, LG G2 and other devices to latest Android KitKat...

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

stanleybb50
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was going to sign the petition, but didn't want to provide my mailing address...

C'mon Verizon!!!!!!!!  Why make this such an issue???  Just give us the update!  It's gotten past the point of being absurd... To trail so far behind everyone else... Come on! 

I really think it might be worth jumping ship when my contract is up this summer.  What's keeping me here?  Basically, just my wife's discount offered through her work.  But I'm now going to go through the math and if I can get the same price elsewhere, and something better than the darn "Edge" - then why not - right?  It's not like coverage is THAT much better...

rcschnoor
Legend

That is simply because requesting personal information is against the TOS for this forum. That website requests quite a bit of personal information.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Not applicable

KitKat available for g2 now. exactly how was you life negatively affected by teh wait? Other than the stress you unnecessarily put on yourself over it. what's ironic if Google announce it was releasing Android 5.0 within 90 days you'd be complaining about not getting that and how kitkat is suddenly a POS.

0 Likes
beavis5706
Enthusiast - Level 2
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Tried to get the update but had an issue with the Verizon Update software that was supposed to be installed from my device. It says that the LGEUSBAutorun.dll is not designated to run on Windows.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I got KitKat on my G2. I had to plug into a Windows computer and download the Software Upgrade Assistant Tool. It was automatically popped up when plugged in. You can't get it OTA or using a Mac.

0 Likes
Brandon4Droid
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good news and bad news!

Good News is a verizon emeployee informed me today that they will be releasing kitkat for my note 3 on May 2nd. this is somebody I went to highschool with and who would not waste my time with lies.

Bad news is, thats 3 months behind most other carriers.

But, finally a legitimate ray of hope!

0 Likes
Blazer0981
Enthusiast - Level 3