Re: Petition for KitKat on S4, Note 3, LG G2 (4.4 update)
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

First off, did you see me say that there wasn't bloatware on an Apple device? Second, I said the carriers are not allowed to install anything. You can get the same Android phone from 2 different carriers out of the box with completely different apps. iPhones out of the box are exactly the same. MY original point, which you failed to see, is that the carriers should not be responsible for releasing updates like this to us. It should be left up to the manufacturers.

0 Likes
kosmondson

|  Sprint started the KitKat update on 2/13/2014

| US Cellular started the KitKat update on 2/19/2014

| AT&T started the KitKat update on 2/28/2014

| T-Mobile started the KitKat update on 3/10/2014

|  Even the Google Play Edition of the Galaxy S4 was updated to KitKat starting on 11/26/2013 (yes 2013)

------------------------------------------------------

Verizon is supposed to be the leading provider Absolutely dead last by every means. So tell me Verizon, how does it feel since you are trailing behind all of your competition?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

sprmankalel wrote:

iPhones out of the box are exactly the same.

Let me correct that for you.

iPhones out of the box ARE NOT exactly the same. iPhones from AT&T and T-Mobile are capable of simultaneous cellular data/voice calling. iPhones from Verizon(possibly Sprint, I'm not sure) ARE NOT.

There you go, iPhones from different carriers with completely different capabilities.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Apple didn't add a 3rd antenna for simultaneous voice and data on Verizon and Sprint.

Bloatware doesn't affect Android devices... They are given in advance and it takes matter of hours of testing not months. It's one of the biggest FUDS being passed around on the internet. Also the bloatware I s updated on the fly(ie Play Store).

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So now you're talking about hardware when I am referencing hardware. What is your issue with me?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Oooops you're referencing hardware when we've been discussing software.

0 Likes
XEROX6947
Enthusiast - Level 3

Signed....

I just want an answer Verizon. Yes or No,  if Yes , when

Something strange here.

Detaiil
Enthusiast - Level 2

This isn't even about Apple...

But signed. This is way out of hand.

Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

Signed.

VZW is currently screwing S3/S4 owners...so I am more than expecting them to screw G2 owners cause we are not far from the G3 announcement.

Brandon4Droid
Enthusiast - Level 1

First off, I created this forum account just to sign this. I had no idea it existed until 15 minutes ago. But I have been dealing with this issue since early February. I went into two different stores and spoke with at least (2) employees at each location in reference to this. Every single one of them responded with the same response which leads me to believe it has been scripted for months. Maybe rehearsed in staff meetings even. They all told me that "even though other carriers have released it, Verizon wants to take a few weeks and let any bugs that the update may have get resolved before being released to such a large consumer base such as ours. More than likely those carriers will have to re-issue the corrected update in a short time which will upset the users more. Verizon wants nothing but the best to our loyal customers."

Once I heard this from the guys at a separate location more than (3) miles away, I knew it was rehearsed. Anyways I returned in late March about (3) weeks ago. To those same stores and spoke with the same employees. They didn't remember me, but I did them. At this point all of there answers were now scattered and unsure saying things like "we have been told that it is just a few days away" while others said they haven't heard anything in weeks. So I decided that last week when then s5 rolled out, to head into my local store and ask one more time. still nothing.

Signed.