Passcode required after 2.2 update
GlassOnion

I just got my 2.2 update for the Droid Incredible.  I am now being prompted for a passcode to access a lot of settings and apps on my phone.  For example, just to access the phone settings, a keypad opens up with "Enter Passcode" at the top.  It says the initial passcode is 8888.  It does let me access the settings when I enter 8888, but I never had to do this before.  So far I have been prompted for the passcode to access gmail, internet (only the default browser, not Dolphin or Skyfire), settings, people, camera, messages, and maps.  I am sure I will find more.

Is this a new security feature of Froyo?  I have been unable to find any info on this online on in the phone.  What is frustrating is that there is no option to change the passcode or disable it.  The only thing I can find under the help button is to contact the developer at creativecore2@gmail.com, which I just did.  In the meantime, has anyone else encountered this problem?  If it is a feature that came with one of my apps, then it must have activated with 2.2, since I have not installed any new apps for several days and it only just started after installing the 2.2 update this morning.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Passcode required after 2.2 update
glassonion1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess I will reply to myself since I found the answer....  :smileysurprised:

It was actually from a setting I forgot I changed in the App Lock app.  It was only requesting the passcode for those apps I had placed under protection.  I went into the settings and disabled the feature.  If I could have removed this post I would have but I guess once I post it is here to stay.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'm sure it'll help someone else anyhow!!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

but you CAN mark it "solved" if you want!!!

0 Likes