Pantech Marauder - "SIM card is from an unknown source" error
dclyde13

I powered off my Pantech Marauder last night and when  I rebooted it back up this morning I got "this sim card is from an  unknown source" I have a Verizon phone and a Verizon sim card. I've  powered my phone off numerous times before, and this is the first time  I've gotten this. Can someone help me please resolve this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pantech Marauder
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try this:  turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), and wait a minute or two.  Replace the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and allow it a minute or two to re-establish a network connection.  If that doesn't work, you may need a new SIM card (they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try this:  turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), and wait a minute or two.  Replace the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and allow it a minute or two to re-establish a network connection.  If that doesn't work, you may need a new SIM card (they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store).

0 Likes
dclyde13

That fix worked. Thank you.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good to hear!  You're welcome.

0 Likes