Pantech Breakout - frustrated
easkey

I picked up a Pantech Breakout yesterday.  I am coming to this phone from having a Blackberry for the last 4 years for my personal phone and one for work for 5+ years. I am struggling with getting this thing set up to meet my needs.  The first thing I really miss is the message indicator.  I often leave my phone alone unless I see the message light is on.  So, I have to keep turning it on to see if I've gotten any messages.  Also, I can't seem to figure out how to set up different notifications like profiles in the Blackberry.  For example, I do not want to get a tone whenever I get email as I get emails from multiple accounts, and any time day or night.  But I do want to get tones for my text messages and phone calls.  I seem to be only able to get one or the other (all on or all off.)  I also want to be able to turn off text messages as well if I am in a place where I need to be quiet (like the movies) but put the phone calls on vibrate so I don't miss a call (elderly parents.)  I moved to this phone because of all the apps that I wanted to try were for phones like this but I couldn't afford the iPhone and this seemed like a good alternative.

So, might anyone know if it is possible to have different notifications for different scenarios on this phone?  I really appreciate any input.  Thanks so much in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech Breakout - frustrated
domasubra

I downloaded an app call ringtone pro so that I could get a better variety of tones. It is easy to use and there is a free version to try out the app. There is also on your phone if you look under applications and select all, pantec has an event notifier

pre-installed. Hope this helps.

0 Likes