Pantech Breakout constantly loses network connection
midwest-meemaw

My Pantech Breakout constantly loses its network connection.  Wifi seems to work ok.  I uninstalled a Juice Defender program, thinking it was confusing the phone by turning the network connection on and off to save battery.  But that didn't help. 

If I power off the phone, and power it back up, it always comes back, but then the connection is lost again next time I want to use it.  Toggling data connection doesn't help, and neither does toggling airplane mode.

Powering on and off is a real pain -- anybody have any other ideas to try?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech Breakout constantly loses network connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Midwest-Meemaw!

Sounds like we need to break in your Breakouts data connection! I'm so sorry you're having issues in the first place.

Very good call on removing the Battery Saver application. There are three types of applications we recommend steering clear of including battery savers, task killers, and antiviruses. They tend to cause system instability.

Unfortunately the system instability may become bad enough to actually have to reset your phone.

Please check your phone first for any of the other applications and uninstall them. If you don't have them or you're still having issues I would then recommend Hard Resetting your phone:
http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=45472

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Pantech Breakout constantly loses network connection
midwest-meemaw

I have uninstalled all the app-types that you mentioned, and it didn't seem to help. I continued to read and read and read -- I found someone suggest to change under call settings: Voice Privacy = uncheck.  That has helped some -- I'm only having to power off and back on once a day now.  How could that have any impact on my problem? Thanks for your fast response. Pam

<Personal information (email address) removed per the plus extra HMTL content.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes