Pantech Breakout SD Card Unmounting
firestorm274

My phone has been having issues:

It will say SD Card removed, when I've done nothing.

Thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech Breakout SD Card Unmounting
The_Friendly_Aramdill
  1. turn off the phone
  2. pull the battery out
  3. remove the SD card
  4. wait 15 to 30 seconds
  5. put back in the SD card
  6. put back in the battery
  7. power on
  8. And hopefully this helps
0 Likes
doug2166
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had similar issues, and what you recommended does help, but unfortunately when you pull the battery and SD card, it seems to forget any settings you may have made previously(ringtones, etc).  Any way around that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey firestrom274 and doug 2166,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having problems with your SD card. If I may ask, do you have multiple SD Cards to try out? Does the same error happen with different cards? Does that error happen with the same card in a different phone? Have you tried the card in the computer?  I really want to get down to the bottom of this to see if it's a phone problem or a card problem.

There may be a problem with the sd card slot on the phone or the card itself. Make sure that when you take the car out that it is put back in all the way. Also make sure that the contacts on the card do not have any dust or corrosion on them. Please let us know if there is any update.

To doug2166, when you pull the battery on the Breakout, the settings should save. That may be a separate issue. Have you done any troubleshooting for this? Does it happen when the phone is off and you pull the battery out? Please let us know!

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Jackever
Enthusiast - Level 2

This helps... sometime seems to need more time.  BUT this is ridiculous!!

0 Likes
Jackever
Enthusiast - Level 2

ARE YOU LISTENING.. this is a constant problem it is NOT THE CONNECTOR  it is something in the FIRMWARE, prehaps related to plugging in to a computer usb. I seem to notice it more after that.

Also why can't I dump the included APPS that i do not want..yeah, yeah  "licensing and promotional agreements" but i got the phone for what I want to do with it, not what Google or Verizon want me to do!!

Jackever
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have found that turning off the phone and waiting at least a minute works without having to pull the battery.

Also in settings, Set USB default to USB mass storage, and un check "ask on plug".

This brings up a different connect screen when plugging in and solved the access to the SD card from the computer too.

Since doing this and going thru an application purge in SAFE Mode (see other postings or manual). Then reloading apps and turning off safe mode IT WORKS!!

Be sure to unmount on your computer before unplugging too.

0 Likes