Pantech Breakout Looses GPS
jaums
Enthusiast - Level 3

Using it to navigate, it looses the GPS if I hold it a comfortible reading distance.  Seems to be better to hold it forward closer to the windshield but then I have to lean forward to read it.  It's annoying because it often takes it a long time for the "Lost GPS" banner to go away and to start navigating again.

Is there a trick has to how to hold it or position it to maximize the GPS connection?  I have used 2 hand held GPSs [no phone, just GPS] in the same car and have had no such problems.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech Breakout Looses GPS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jaums,

Good afternoon!

I love my Google Navigation so I know its a great tool to take advantage of. Any GPS signal transmits best when exposed to the open sky. If held in your hand you may experience the GPS signal going in and out depending on the GPS availability in a given area. In the case of a vehicle, having it mounted on a dashboard near the windshield will ensure the best performance possible. A good thing is to have a mount to put the phone in that attaches to the windshield or dashboard. Check out http://bit.ly/ISw6RX for a couple of good, affordable removable mounting options.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes