Re: PLEASE HELP...DROID ERIS!!!
tmg665s

I know its a pain in the butt, but I just uninstalled all my apps....and it now works. I'm recharging it now and I hope that the battery is fine. It may have to do with the applications, but my advice is just to reinstall the apps you have. Write them down if you have a lot.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

tmg665s wrote:

I know its a pain in the butt, but I just uninstalled all my apps....and it now works. I'm recharging it now and I hope that the battery is fine. It may have to do with the applications, but my advice is just to reinstall the apps you have. Write them down if you have a lot.

you should just load one app at a time. give it like a couple hours before the next app load and see if the droid produces the same problems. once it does then you know which app is the problem and then please list here so we can warn SKYNET

0 Likes
CountryBoy1

As I posted in  another thread:

Ive been having this problem all day on my Moto Droid.  I went to the VZW store and they said I was the 3rd person to show up and all they could do was reset the phone back to normal.  I also keep getting the same text message over and over and also a VM notification.  The people at the VZW store said theirs is doing the same thing.  It has also killed the battery in a couple hours.  I have no apps running either.  It started last night

Heres my apps:

AK notepad

Antivirus

Backgrounds

barcode scanner

bubble wrap

dock runner

Dolphin

droid light

Fishin 2 go

Handcent SMS

Live Scores

Mabilo

Mahjong

Taskkiller

The weather channel

US traffic

0 Likes
CountryBoy1

If you have the Antivirus app, delete it.  Its the new update for it causes the crashes..

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/12548-droid-keeps-restarting.ht...

0 Likes
suzyq275

I never installed the new update, so fortunately I did not have this problem to contend with, my husband did on his moto Droid. But I do have a question, could this be what is causing my messages to force-close and then delete? I get this msg, "The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again," Then I have to force close, and when I try to open them back  up, everything is gone. the only thing that shows up is the compose message tab. It is starting to get annoying!! Can anyone help???

0 Likes
mdew355

my guess would be to do a hard reset...

0 Likes
Problem solved
Insightibanez

Mine was having the same problem so I unistalled all my apps. That fixed the problem, no more resetting!!!!

Then I later read that it was the anitvirus application update that was causing this issue.

UNISTALL THE ANTI VIRUS APP< ASAP!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Problem solved
suzyq275

ahhh.. ok.... mine started doing that about a week and a half ago.... hmmm.. deleted antivirus... will see what happens...

Was that a malicious app? or just poorly written? seems like everyone had problems with it across the board!

0 Likes
LL45

This happened to me last week when I downloaded some app updates.  When I deleted the apps that I updated, my phone worked fine.

themaine16 wrote:

My HTC Droid Eris will not stop restarting itself every 5 minutes. I've tried just about everything....I think.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

It is my policy to never trust an anti-virus program for any Linux Distrobution until it has been checked out thoroughly by programmers.  Anti-Virus programs get system access to sensitive parts of your computer.  With Linux it is possible but a little more difficult to install viruses.  That isn't to say that it is impossible and with the market being what it is it could be downloaded by a lot of people before it is ever discovered but it still doesn't get access to the core system without you doing something you really shouldn't be doing. 

best Anti-Virus protection you can get is don't give any app permission to access your core system without really knowing what it is and where it comes from.  When Flash comes out it will be the deepest reaching program I would feel good about installing and I would prefer to download it from the Adobe site cause there could be imposters in the market.

0 Likes