PANTECH BREAKOUT ISSUES
joaniex33

Hello,

I am currently on my 4th pantech breakout phone and am having the SAME issues as the previous phones. My SD card is constantly formatting itself without me doing anything which results in loss of pictures, data, music, etc. If I'm lucky, I can shut my phone off and start it up and MAYBE find my SD card working again. Error messages from "damaged SD card" "Blank SD Card" "Format SD card" constantly appear as well. I changed phones because these issues were occuring and still am having the same issues. I called verizonwireless' customer service for my third phone and he was very kind and was willing to work with me since I was having such issues. He offered me potential solutions to my problems as well, however, I just called again to replace my third phone due to these issues and the lady told me "you should buy a lotto ticket, because it is very rare for two phones to have the same issues and problems." I was NOT happy with her sarcastic comment on an issue that is affecting my usage of this phone. I checked several forums and saw that many people were having the same issues and cannot visit a verizon wireless to show them this issue because it occurs randomly throughout the day. It is something I cannot directly show and prove.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: PANTECH BREAKOUT ISSUES
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried a different SD card? The issue could be with the card itself, as opposed to the phone.

0 Likes
joaniex33

Yes I did. I tried doing factory resets on the phones Ive used as well, and

after doing the resets I used a brand new SD card

tdarling7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Pantech themselves will tell you that a factory reset will not work. Your just doing thing to appease Verizon at this point. I have gone rounds with these people and they all tell me to do the same bla, bla thing. They all say the same bla, bla, stuff. Truth of the matter is that between Pantech and Verizon somebody messed up really bad. We are Verizon consumers and should not have to deal with there supplier. I don't thing That Verizon has heard that less is better. The less a consumer has to do the better for the company. I tell you I am now on a rampage because I have not seen any type of quality customer service out of this issue and I will not stop until every Pantech Breakout owner has a new phone in there hands, free of charge from Verizon. The new phone had better not be another piece of crap Breakout. Either that or Verizon needs to void the contracts and let the Pantech owners walk out and go to another wireless company. Hopefully a company that truly knows what customer service is. Good luck on your quest and if you find more than just a bla, bla answer please share with the world.

0 Likes
Cathy7997

I am having the same problems with mine I am on my 2nd Phone. I am not getting my call's ,My text, this isn't all the time. Most of the time I can't get internet unless I am home and using my own router. I have lost so many Pictures because of the stupid  SD card. I have went to our Verizon so many time and complained about it they don't even put it in the computer that you are having problems. I was there on Monday 4/8/13 I told them I was going to take it out in there parking lot and run it over with my truck!!!!! Why the crap the people at the offices can not help any one is crazy!!!!! They tell you ....You have to call and talk to the teck support well I told them I have beenn with Verizon for 10 years and I have 3 phones lines so as soon as my contract is up I will be driving down there and drive over all 3 of my phones in front of them !!!!!!!  Hope you get your answer joaniex33 it is the JUNK PHONE .

0 Likes
shahn003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Glad to see I'm not the only one who HATES this phone. I think they need to allow for early upgrades for anybody with a Breakout. My upgrade isn't until February and I'm pissed about it. Mine turns off when it pleases, if I hit my "k" button everything freezes and I have to end my message program before it will work, it ALWAYS says I have low memory and there's no way that's possible...I can go on and on with all the problems I have. DEFINITELY  getting an iPhone next. Tired of all the nonsense!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi shahn003. We want you to love your phone so you can enjoy the network we provide. February is a ways away, but I'm sure there are a few things we can do with your phone to help eliviate the trouble till your upgrade comes. When a phone has low memory, it can affect multiple areas of the phone and result in an unstable experience. Try these steps to bring some memory space back to your phone and optimize your phone:

Move apps from Phone memory to SD Card:

Step 1: Press "Ok" button at low memory warning notification (or Settings/Applications/Manage Apps)
Step 2: Screen goes to the Application Manager - select the "downloaded" tab.
Step 3: Select wanted applications to move to SD Card and then select "Move to SD Card" button.

Remove all unused/unwanted applications.
Step 1: Press ¿Ok¿ button at Low memory warning notification (or Settings/Applications/Manage Apps)
Step 2: Screen goes to the Application Manager - select the "downloaded" tab.
Step 3: Select unused/unwanted applications to uninstall and then select "Uninstall" / "Uninstall updates" button.
(Only downloaded applications and preloaded application updates can be uninstalled)

Remove unwanted email messages.

Step 1: Run Email Application.
Step 2: Select unwanted email by tapping check box (which will now show a check mark)
Step 3: Select "Delete" from the menu bar at the bottom of the screen
Step 4: Select "OK" button to discard/delete selected email messages.

Remove unwanted text messages.

Step 1: Run Messaging Application.
Step 2: Select Menu key and select "Delete" option.
Step 3: Select messages to delete by tapping trashcan icon or use menu key to "Select all"
Step 4: Select "Done" and then "OK" to delete selected messages. Note: The entire message thread will be deleted. Individual messages can be deleted by using similar steps within the message thread.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
shannabreeding
Enthusiast - Level 1

My pantech phone is my second try also at this phone with same stupid issues of not enough memory.  I had borrowed my daughters Razr for a few months and had 10X more apps, pictures, texts and messages on it and had plenty of room.  The verizon customer service suggestions above are a joke!!!  You cant move or delete any unwanted apps.  My stupid phone is constantly trying to update and the hotspot freezes after just about 10minutes of use and I have to totally shut the phone off and restart to get my hotspot back on.  I had none of these problems with my Razr.  So so mad that picked this piece of crap phone when I had the upgrade available.  JUNK!!! is correct!!!

0 Likes