PALM Phone
mama23dogs
Legend

I have purchased a Palm.   It boots with the Verizon boots screen.   I can open the sim drawer with a bent safety pin.  
Now if I can only get somebody at Verizon to sell me a Sim card to activate the darn thing.  😡.  
The IMEI does not check through Verizon's system, so they're clueless.  I don't know if anyone even knows how to set it up on Numbers share or with the $10 a month plan. Please somebody out there!?

0 Likes
Re: PALM Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mama23dogs, we want to make sure that you can get your Palm device up and running with no issues. When you opened the SIM Card drawer, was there no SIM Card in the device? If you take the device to a corporate store, they would be able to provide you with a SIM Card for free http://bit.ly/3SdsA KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

So far this is been a frustrating experience, but Verizon has added the IMEI, so at least I'm no longer blocked from activation.  

The next frustration:  Verizon Corp store employees do not know how to set up the Palm as a connected device. Apparently new Palm devices come with two different SKUs on the packaging. One is to set the device up as a companion device.

The person I spoke with at the corporate store actually told me that this device could not be used as a companion device but was a standalone smart phone. However this is incorrect for two reasons:  1. Verizon branded device Palm, is only sold as a companion device - officially.   2. A standalone smart phone cannot link messages plus to another phone number, only companion devices or secondary devices like tablets smart watches and the palm can do so. This Palm does it perfectly, however it is currently limited to Wi-Fi only until they will activate a dog gone Sim card for me

Setting up the Palm as a companion device is different from setting up a watch, the information is available on Verizon's website, thank you very much.  👍🏼

However store employees are not aware of how to do this on their own, and they do not know that the device is a companion device, but can be set up and work as a standalone.  

Fingers crossed.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure you're set up for success! To confirm, which device did you buy? Was it the standard companion Palm found here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/connected-devices/palm-companion-device/  , or was it the Palm Phone found here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/palm-phone/?sku=sku3370234? MeganS_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Purchased the device without the original packaging, and therefore I have neither SKU number. I do have a model number, which I can't verify anywhere.
Unless the standalone Palm phone allows the device to also act as a companion and mirror text messages through messages+ I have the former.   I have been told by store employees that packages for the palm Phone have both SKU numbers on the packaging. And depending on which SKU they use determines how the device appears in the system.  

0 Likes
dnoonan52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought a Palm PVR-100 (I think that's the model).  Set it up with the local Verizon store in about 15 minutes.  I worked exactly as advertised.  It did transmit it's own number with text messages, but that's OK.  I have since retired, so deactivated the Palm.  Recently tried an AT&T VMNO (FreeMii).  I installed the AT&T SIM, and the phone worked as a stand-alone with no problem.  One interesting thing...even though the Verizon SIM has been replaced, and the Palm has a new number, SMS messages sent to my Verizon number still show up on the Palm.

mama23dogs
Legend

@dnoonan52 

interesting!   I had to exchange the one as it was the standalone model, not the companion.  Its been up since March and working great.  Very curious that it runs across carriers.  

0 Likes
dnoonan52
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, I found it interesting as well.  I'm signing up with FreeMii, and if everything works, I will be porting my number over.  Will see if messages still carry over after that.  The Palm is a great little phone, just too small for a primary phone, and no NFC kinda terrible.

0 Likes
laeloren
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to have mine activated too as a numbershare device.  Nobody knows how to do it! I ordered over the phone,  chat, and went to the store. They rejected me saying it's not supported. Help! 

How were you able to get yours activated? 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes