Outgoing server glitch with Cox e-mail and Galaxy S6
bordterr

About half the time I get this error message:

"Unable to connect to email server to verify your account information. No response from server"

when testing the outgoing server settings for sending e-mail from my Galaxy S6 (using their e-mail app) using Cox e-mail.  The same thing happens when I actually try to send e-mail, although eventually the message is accepted by the server if I keep clicking on SEND.  The outgoing mail process works just fine about half the time.

I used auto-detect for the setup (auto settings are smtp.cox.net, TLS, port 587). 

Any advice appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Outgoing server glitch with Cox e-mail and Galaxy S6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's get your email back up and running bordterr. When did you start experiencing difficulties with your email? Has email ever worked properly on your Galaxy S6? Is this a personal or business email?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
bordterr

.Hi Michelle, thanks for the response.  The phone is new--activated 5 days ago.  It's for personal service.  The issue occurred as I was getting the phone set up the first 2-3 days.  But it's better now. Currently the phone's test of the outgoing server settings works fine almost all the time.  (The test I am referring to is conducted by clicking "DONE" at the bottom of the screen showing the "Outgoing server settings".)  So I guess it's not a significant issue at this point.  I have sent a few e-mail messages and they went out smoothly. But any thoughts you have about why the glitch occurred would be appreciated (the issue may resurface, you never know).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the update bordterr. I am glad to hear everything has been resolved and you are able to send and receive emails. Please feel free to reach out to us if you ever need assistance. Have a great weekend!

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes