Oreo and Popups for Apps
Dldever01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since Oreo has been installed, I get popups when the phone is not being used to try different apps. One was a weather app, one as for Audible (which is disabled on my phone) and the latest was for Google Primer. It's bad enough getting these during the day, but they also appear in the middle of the night when I have a profile app running that is controlling the alarm clock,. And when they appear the alarm clock app stops working.

Honestly, I am about ready to get rid of this phone and get an iPhone and if that has the same type of problems, just get a flip phone and tell Google to go you know where.

Would love for Verizon to give us an opportunity to prevent uploads of new google updates. Google get more offensive with every upload.

So, anyone have this problem and if so, have they figured out how to stop them or is it a losing battle and just dump google?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Oreo and Popups for Apps
Dldever01
Enthusiast - Level 2

No help from Verizon. So I decided to do a complete factory reset and that appears to have solved the problem. At least for the past two days; who knows.

I'm pretty sure that in 6 months, Verizon will be history as well as any product that says Google. Only way I would ever use a Google product again is if it is purchased Unlocked. I don't like all these BS apps Verizon forces on customers.

Never been an Apple fan, but they are less intrusive so that will most likely be my next move.

No more replies requested.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
marthalee

My phone is consistently in roam now.  I can't figure out for the life of me how to get rid of that. My notification sound goes off and there is nothing there.  My icons were all rearranged and I can't find some of the things that I used.  Is this an issue you are experiencing too?

0 Likes
Dldever01
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, not a problem I have. My problem is exactly as previously stated. I would recommend starting a new thread on your problems since if someone searches they will only find the problems I listed.

Just a suggestion....

0 Likes
Dldever01
Enthusiast - Level 2

No help from Verizon. So I decided to do a complete factory reset and that appears to have solved the problem. At least for the past two days; who knows.

I'm pretty sure that in 6 months, Verizon will be history as well as any product that says Google. Only way I would ever use a Google product again is if it is purchased Unlocked. I don't like all these BS apps Verizon forces on customers.

Never been an Apple fan, but they are less intrusive so that will most likely be my next move.

No more replies requested.

0 Likes