Only front facing selfie camera works. How do I get the back camera to work?
Droid_or_Alive
Enthusiast - Level 2

The option to switch from front facing to back facing camera has disappeared.  Only front facing camera opens.  Any help?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Only front facing selfie camera works. How do I get the back camera to work?
Droid_or_Alive
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ended up returning the phone. It was an Asurion warranty replacement that just never worked right consistently. They sent a new phone everything seems okay now. My guess is you will need to have them replace that phone as something just is not right anymore. My guess is the camera just can't take abuse and is never the same even if reconditioned. The first phone with a dysfunctional camera was a reconditioned phone the replacement that works is a new phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Only front facing selfie camera works.  How do I get the back camera to work?
Snn5
Legend

Which phone are you using and which camera app...stock or downloaded app?

0 Likes
Re: Only front facing selfie camera works. How do I get the back camera to work?
HowardHerschberg

I am having same issue with my droid MAXX... I installed various different camera apps and they all have the same problem.. I have tried all sorts of fixes and I am stuck in the selfie mode.. I am a few months from getting rid of this phone and trying to get Verizon to accelerate so I can switch to a samsung galaxy phone

0 Likes
Maxxed-out
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had glass replaced on my TWO Droid Maxx phones and now I'm stuck in Selfie only mode. Is there a fix? Both have same problem suddenly. Not good.

0 Likes
Re: Only front facing selfie camera works.  How do I get the back camera to work?
Droid_or_Alive
Enthusiast - Level 2

Droid Turbo

0 Likes
Droid_or_Alive
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ended up returning the phone. It was an Asurion warranty replacement that just never worked right consistently. They sent a new phone everything seems okay now. My guess is you will need to have them replace that phone as something just is not right anymore. My guess is the camera just can't take abuse and is never the same even if reconditioned. The first phone with a dysfunctional camera was a reconditioned phone the replacement that works is a new phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
HowardHerschberg

Lets get your camera working picture perfect again. Are you completely up to date with your phone software? Lets do a couple things here to see about getting this fixed. First lets clear the app cache http://spr.ly/6587B1LPf . Next we want to take all those 3rd party apps out of the equation & try the camera using the camera app that came with the phone. To do this lets put the phone in safe mode & try the camera while in safe mode http://spr.ly/6580B1LPC . Please let us know the results.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gary1111

Droid turbo camera. I tried safe mode and the camera still is stuck in selfie mode. What next?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Time to look at your replacement options.

0 Likes
gary1111

Worked fine Friday then locked up and said camera was busy and to power off and restart. Did that and now it doesn't work except selfie mode. Bought new on release day and not refurbished

0 Likes