Only been getting 3g for the past two weeks in Raleigh NC. i stream alot of music and would like to know if you're throttling me or if 4g is down/being upgraded.
mckeveny
Enthusiast - Level 1

Title says most of it. My family also gets largely varied signal strength in the same locations. the strongest i've seen my data in 2 cycles is 1 bar of 4g. since ive been getting 1x and 3g, and never full bars.

So does the service just actually suck or are you actively trying to fix this?

Labels (1)
Re: Only been getting 3g for the past two weeks in Raleigh NC. i stream alot of music and would like to know if you're throttling me or if 4g is down/being upgraded.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I know how important it is to have access to your music and being able to enjoy it when you need it mckeveny. We can certainly look into this. At first sight, 4G LTE coverage looks great in the area, and there aren't any outages reported there.

What is your device make and model? What changes, if any, were made to the phone? Is there a specific place you notice this problem more, such as indoors or outdoors? Are you aware of any users having problems in the area as well?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Only been getting 3g for the past two weeks in Raleigh NC. i stream alot of music and would like to know if you're throttling me or if 4g is down/being upgraded.
SnoopyWG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having the same issue as well. I notice a much weaker signal, sometime dropping into 3G at home where I'm used to 3 or 4 bars and 4G. Has something recently changed in Raleigh, NC? I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and it's completely current on its software updates.

J-Mac1984
Enthusiast - Level 1

My S5 just started this same thing a few days ago,  I can't even make a phone call!  When I do it tells me that I'm outside the coverage area!  What can I do about that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
SnoopyWG

This is troubling to hear! Overall Raleigh appears to be well covered. How long has this been going on? Are you noticing the difference outdoors as well as inside? Is this happening at a certain time of day or location withing Raleigh?

BryanS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SnoopyWG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would say within the last week or so that the signal strength has dropped. I've had a few dropped calls but I can't tell the difference in data speeds yet. Both my wife and I have seen this and we have the exact same phone. We live in zip code 27609, but I've seen this around town and heard that others are experiencing the same thing. I work out of my house and sit right next to a window (the phone sits 12" away from the window) and I'm still getting a reduced strength.

Nothing has changed in what we are doing, the phone or anything on our side. Clearly something has changed in the network. Has Verizon working on towers in this area over the last couple of weeks?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
SnoopyWG

We are always working on enhancing and improving our network. It is feedback from you folks that help to drive where opportunites may exist. I haven't seen anything specific to the area itself. I want to get some more information specific to your account so I am going to send you a private message here in our forums https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613

Lets reply there and do some more investigating.

BryanS_VZW

0 Likes