Re: Oneplus 8 update to Android 11 and oxygen 11
chefy2k4m1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here comes the message that we have to check with the phone manufacturer on when the update is available. Update has been available just waiting on Verizon.im giving a week on a response and so e kind of information or I will be filing a claim with the better business bureau.

rysand
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had all the Pixels before switching to the OP8 VZW variant so maybe spoiled with timely updates but this is getting ridiculous. Not even a sign that it's getting worked on or an ETA of release? Long time Verizon customer here and will be considering other options soon.

cr10007
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also came from a Pixel 2 and had Android 11 installed on my phone last summer!  My Oneplus 8 is only updated to the Oct 2020 security patch!  Ridiculous!

0 Likes
dylanm2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I started leasing this phone back in December and I am very disappointed with the lack of updates so far. I wanted to get away from slow updates and lack of communication after switching from my old LG V30 on Sprint/T-Mobile, but it seems I'm gonna be going through this garbage once again. Will likely switch back to T-Mobile and look into an unlocked phone in a few years once this lease expires.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What happens when following this path and setting it to 4GLTE? Settings >Wifi and Network >Sim and Network settings > Network mode > "automatic" to 4gLTE 

0 Likes
dylanm2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

What does that have to do with anything? We're not talking about connectivity issues here. We're talking about the lack of OS updates in a timely manner as well as the lack of clear communication regarding the status of them. Do you even know basic reading comprehension?

doughzimm
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • The manufacturer claims that it is Verizon who is holding up the updates. Oneplus has updated these phones with every other carrier for at least 8 months. It is NOT the manufacturer, it is Verizon who had a carrier specific model made. 
0 Likes
doughzimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. Already investigating options. 

0 Likes
doughzimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

You don't need any battery to get updates Verizon won't pro ide! 

0 Likes
doughzimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

You don't know what you are talking about which makes this all the more frustrating. We've hit a stone wall if this is the best a Verizon rep can do. 

0 Likes